Senior QA Engineer, Product
New York, NY
Showtime Networks Inc., is seeking a Senior QA Engineer to assist in maintaining and improving the quality of Showtime's streaming services.
In this position, located in Showtime's New York City headquarters, you will be responsible for performing positive and negative functional testing, for compatibility testing, and for assuring data integrity. The Senior QA Engineer will also collaborate with the Product and Development teams to verify, prioritize and address technical and quality issues that aversely affect the customer experience.
An ideal candidate will possess 7+ years directly testing and/or supporting web and mobile media applications, applications for devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV, and smart TV applications. The candidate is expected to be extremely detail-oriented and possess the ability to think outside of the box to devise creative techniques for testing. The ability to create -- and work with or without -- test plans or test cases is critical. Experience with Jira is a plus. This person is efficient, thorough, instinctual and is expected to remain calm under pressure, tight deadlines and shifting priorities. The Senior QA engineer has the ability to manage projects and understands how to balance business priorities and deadlines with the overall quality of the project.
• Obtain a detailed understanding of the behavior of (and issues affecting) Showtime's streaming services across all platforms.
• Perform tests of new features and functionality on Showtime's streaming services.
• Prioritize and collaborate with other team members to resolve issues interfering with the customer experience.
• Write test cases and use tracking and debugging tools to file, monitor and resolve issues.
• Communicate clearly and frequently with all team members, stakeholders and project/product owners impacted by test and troubleshooting results.
• Mentor team members that are less experienced
• Provide testing and project updates to leads
• 7+ years directly testing and/or supporting web and mobile media applications
• 7+ years using any defect tracking tool (Jira a plus)
• 5+ years testing LID and game console apps for devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox, and Playstation
• Working knowledge of Smart TV apps
• Experience testing browser compatibility across both Mac and PC platforms
• Expertise using developer/debugging tools such as Xcode, Charles and Wireshark
• Experience writing test plans and test cases
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Efficient, thorough and instinctual
• Calm under pressure, tight deadlines and shifting priorities
• Articulates project status clearly and concisely
• Understands the balance between business needs/deadlines and the overall quality of the project
• Good organizational and prioritization skills
• Shows initiative and innovation
• Possesses the potential to lead
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: IT/Technology Operations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8nqp-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.