Senior Product Manager, Streaming Platforms
New York, NY
ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
CBS News is offering a unique opportunity for an experienced product manager with innovative vision to conceive and build products that will power the streaming newsroom of the future and deliver best-in-class next-gen news experiences across current and emerging digital platforms. You will work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment and bring a passion for creating and evolving the systems that power all products that make CBS News and CBSN the premier digital destination for news. Additionally, you will drive our competitive advantages by building and owning the best-in-class tools for editorial and marketing teams. The Senior Product Manager, Streaming Platforms position will collaborate directly with the VP of CBS News Digital Product to grow and maintain the roadmap for mission-critical systems that will drive core KPIs, editorial efficiencies, revenue opportunities and high-quality end user experiences.
• Manage the day-to-day roadmap of an innovative cloud-based live video publishing platform
• Own the product roadmap for the CBS News Digital live streaming publishing system which includes, but is not limited to, CBSN, CBSN Local and custom evergreen & tentpole News channels
• Document and execute features and enhancements for the live publishing CMS
• Support daily editorial, marketing and product workflows by developing and championing across the organization a vision and product roadmap for CBS News live streaming
• Collaborate with internal developers, designers, editorial staff and external partners to conceive, implement and manage product features
• Develop documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design requirements, product requirements, and other materials as needed to support design and development with strong focus on elegant, user-centric approaches to complex functionality
• Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
• Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations based on that
• Immerse yourself in customer needs, competitive landscape, and the business
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum of 5+ years conceptualizing, building and managing innovative new digital products
• Familiarity with live streaming technologies, workflows, infrastructure
• A strong interest in news and emerging technologies
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to drive business performance
• Experience writing detailed Product Requirement Documents including tracking specs
• Ability to operate independently and decisively, work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (should have extensive experience releasing multiple products at once) in a fast, round-the-clock, results-oriented environment.
• Strong organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
You might also have -
• Broadcast television workflow/technology expereince a plus
• Experience with XML, JSON, Web Services, video formats and protocols for VOD and live streaming
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA
• Engineering or development backgrounds welcomed
FUNCTION: Product Management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vyo9-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.