Pluto TV's Product Design team is currently looking for a designer to join us to manage our Venitia design system. This designer will create and lead our design systems group with representatives from various platforms that host the Pluto TV service. The goal of this role is to improve the time to release, increase the quality of release, and increase user engagement.
The role will report to the Director of Product Design – Personalization and Engagement and may manage studio UX designer(s).
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Guide the strategic thinking of the design system teams roadmap, process and goals.
• Lead the design and implementation of Pluto TV's visual language including typography, color, iconography and componentry and the tools, resources and documentations to support the system.
• Create programs to educate designers on the usage of tools to help them implement their designs.
• Advocate for consistency among our experiences while keeping a delivery focused mindset.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to find the most efficient methods of solving user problems through astute implementation and considerate augmentation of the design system.
• Creating and maintaining version control and change logs of the design system.
• When implementing the system, facilitate communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams if scope or technical implementation challenges arise.
• Present the system's mission, library, and process to other groups, including product managers, content specialists, QA, and other design and development teams throughout the enterprise.
• Report team and system progress regularly to key stakeholders and the rest of the organization.
• Provide design leadership and guidance to teams around using shared patterns, and identify opportunities to create new patterns and components within their workstreams
• Provide a thinking and implementation framework for accessibility and inclusion in both the design and development process.
• Gather input from director-level peers of product design and development teams.
• Conduct regular one-on-one reviews with team members to identify successes, challenges, perspectives and preferences.
• Identify and nurture team growth and culture, identifying opportunities for team members to drive and lead system aspects.
• Assist and support the Design Director and other team members concerning new and ongoing initiatives that relate to the design system i.e. navigation, messaging and more.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least two years of product design experience participating in creating and updating a design system used by multiple cross functional stakeholders.
• At least one year of experience filling a design system specialist role or holding a design systems guild position.
• Expert level knowledge of design systems and atomic design principles.
• Experience using a design system management tool like Zeroheight or Design System Manger.
• Expert level knowledge of Figma.
• Fundamental understanding of applied motion techniques and interactions as pertains to prototyping and the ultimately the final buildout
Non essential, but appreciated experience:
• Prior experience participating in the management of a design system which supports connected TV devices in addition to mobile, tablet, and desktop web devices.
• Has managed design systems used within enterprise level products across multiple device types.
• Can show examples of graceful degradation used to accommodate or optimize for specific platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5qz9-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.