Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
WHAT IS THE ROLE
As Senior Manager, Product Analytics – UK Streaming you will lead the product analytics function for UK streaming business, conducting analysis and developing recommendations for product development decisions and improvements to the customer experience across UK streaming products My5, Pluto and MTV Play. You will make data-driven recommendations for features and functionality that drive consumption and business results. You will be instrumental in creating a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience. You will be a tenacious, ambitious self-starter with a passion for building taking established products and innovating and iterating at pace.
• Build and operate a methodology for assessing stalled users/user cohorts e.g. those who have not watched a video in the last 30 days, and suggest options for re-engaging them with the service
• Build and operate a methodology for tracking how users are accessing our UK streaming products – mobile phone, smart TV, STB - and develop insights and recommendations for how to incentivise users to bigger screens
• With Streaming product management team – UK and VCNI - lead the design and implementation of feature A/B testing and functionality-focused usage metrics - i.e. usage of watch lists functionality, usage of social media sharing functionality
• Provide analysis and insights supporting overall UK streaming business(es) with a focus on key product metrics for VCNI UK's streaming products such as engagement and retention analysis, and churn analysis, including building out a product-diagnostics framework for churn
• Take ownership of customer churn metrics across UK streaming products and build a deep understanding of the drivers of those metrics
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets (structured and unstructured) to inform product development decisions and improve the customer experience across UK streaming products My5, Pluto and MTV Play
• Translate complex data sets into compelling recommendations for features and functionality that drive consumption and business results
• Collaborate with growth, content and product stakeholders suggest and test new feature sets, creating a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience.
• Identify key product performance metrics, business questions and reporting needs
• Create and disseminate reports and analysis in a regular fashion (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual and ad hoc) and develops new reporting templates and datasets to support shifting business needs
• Maintain Adobe analytics / other relevant systems / tools to ensure consistent and reliable data, and seamless operations
• Perform data validation/reconciliation, data profiling, data auditing and data cleansing activities in a hands-on way to ensure high quality deliverables
• Keep up to date with the latest industry trends, technical developments and techniques
• Communicate effectively, translate data to stories to support and simplify decision-making processes
• Work with internal or external partners to process, coordinate, and connect various data sources
• Provide thought leadership around standardization of data collection from multiple sources, as well as API-based data collection methods
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Experience in Identifying and reducing churn – Customer drop off within a similar environment
• Strong data manipulation skills and experience, comfortable running complex queries and creating new views on the data
• Familiarity with data ingestion, ETL processes and workflows on cloud infrastructure
• A/B Testing experience
• Experience working with distribution partners and on-boarding new distribution partners
• Agile experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with mobile app and video measurement implementations
• Experience working with digital content and data visualisation software such as Tableau
• A solid understanding of statistical methods and how to apply them in real life situations
• Experience or an understanding of Adobe Analytics
• SQL Programming language
• R/Python open-source programming language
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to make decisions and work autonomously
• Good at simplifying the message
• Team player and collaborative
• Microsoft Office, mainly Excel & PowerPoint
• Strong organisational, multitasking and attention to details
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International