New York, NY
About The Brand
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Overview and Responsibilities
Join our ViacomCBS International Streaming team! ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across digital/streaming and traditional platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. This includes ViacomCBS streaming offering across both paid, with Paramount+/CBS All Access, Showtime, Noggin, and free with Pluto.TV. ViacomCBS media networks include Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Pluto.TV, Paramount+, Noggin, MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
VCNI is looking for a hardworking Analytics QA Engineer to join its Data & Analytics team for international streaming products to help ensure world-class data quality. You'll work closely with the tracking engineers to gather test requirements, execute test plans, and perform both manual and automated testing on our streaming platforms, particularly Paramount+.
Data plays a central role at VCNI, and as part of the wider International Data & Analytics Group, this team is a crucial part of the success of our international streaming products. We drive business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products. We are looking for an Analytics Implementation Engineer who is passionate about data and entertainment, and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The position is anchored around implementing measurement solutions on our growing portfolio of international streaming products, particularly Paramount+.
The ideal candidate should have the interest and ability to take on advanced QA projects related to the implementation of analytics platforms and data collection.
• Gather test requirements, execute test plans, and perform manual testing to ensure that analytics implementations are correct and will yield complete and accurate data.
• Perform regression testing and audits/data integrity checks on a regular basis to have better control over the tags deployed across the sites.
• Further develop measurement & QA programs to scale our QA efforts as we continue to expand our platform
• Support in the management of QA, operational, and administrative needs of their assigned projects.
• Conduct QA cycles and data audits to identify tracking gaps/inconsistencies.
• Partner with automation lead to develop and deploy QA automation frameworks.
• Represent the team in meetings as authority on data quality assurance.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects; verify defect fixes.
• Participate with product and engineering in sprint planning and bug triage efforts.
• Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
• Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process.
• Promote adoption of QA tools and processes, including training and documentation of their use.
• Work with SCRUM and Product leads to secure release timelines
• Ensure test builds are delivered to team members and vendors needing to perform testing
• Prioritize tickets and call out blockers
• Perform QA and sign-off on new or updated implementations
• Document on how to perform QA on all tracking devices and expected output
• Train vendors on how to validate measurement
• Provide clarity into issues discovered and their current status and place in the queue
• Bachelor's degree in technical or quantitative oriented field.
• Working knowledge of how to monitor network traffic using proxying tools (Charles, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools).
• Knowledge of automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, BrowserMob, Appium, etc).
• Working knowledge of developing QA test plans and strategies, preferably for data/analytics.
• Attention to detail paired with a passion for achieving the utmost data integrity for our tracking.
• Ability to keep and maintain accurate notes and documentation.
• Bug writing and ticket creation skills that result in complete and accurate information for developers
• Experience with QA in mobile applications and/or OTT platforms.
• Hands-on experience using automation tools (e.g. Observepoint, BrowserStack, etc.)
• Agile/Scrum experience and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
• Testing experience with mobile applications, CTV and OTT platforms using debugging tools (e.g. ADB/Xcode).
• Knowledge of release and regression testing methodologies.
• Ability to define standard methodologies for testing tools.
• Interest in learning about measurement tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d931q4-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.