Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
Studio City, CA
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the CBS Studios Production Finance team whose responsibility is the Financial Administration, Forecasting, and Reporting for Studio productions.
• Accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting of assigned business units and projects and the consolidation of those results. Includes monthly, quarterly, and annual preparation and presentation to management.
• Perform reconciliations and prepare financial results.
• Review TV production projects' financial statements, perform variance analysis and deliver results to management.
• Coordinate the recording of studio accounting entries with location show accountants.
• Preparation of external audit requests and supporting documents and schedules.
• Preparation and input or coordination of journal entries necessary for month/quarter/year-end cycles: Accruals, re-classing entries, inter-company, and intra-project accounting.
• Track Co-Production Billings, Process Payments, and calculate and account for recurring accruals.
• Prepare / Coordinate domestic and foreign wire transfer requests for production funding and misc. show payments.
• Review of Bank account reconciliations and support of location show accountants in resolving reconciling items.
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects.
• Key lead in implementing system and process restructuring to gain efficiencies.
• Bachelor's degree required with some Accounting coursework.
• 4+ years (including internships) of related experience.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new scenarios in a fast-paced and dynamic production industry.
• Effective communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross-functional partners.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an acute attention to detail
• Great work ethic and self-initiated personal growth
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v154-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.