Supervisor, Interstitial Planning & Scheduling
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The ViacomCBS Ad Standards and Emerging Media department supports over 4 billion dollars in ad sales revenue annually. In addition to acquiring CBS advertising responsibilities (FCC/FTC compliance, high profile league Sporting events), a steady yearly increase in advertising submitted for approval on our Nets, and other new channels added to our coverage area- digital submissions have increased in volume and scope in high-risk areas; content (mature, exclusive deals) as well as categories (political, CBD, advocacy). With this influx of material, an Advertising Standards Senior Director is essential for reviewing high-risk categories as well as to create and maintain processes for our high-profile league partners, stay abreast of current regulatory and self-regulatory guidelines and update clients and staff. Timely turn-around is needed to support Ad Sales in realizing revenue with special emphasis on supporting CBS management's sporting league relationships (NFL and NCAA).
The constant awareness of this business and the expertise needed in this role requires broad relationships with internal and external clients and an in-depth understanding of the foundations of Advertising Standards. The resulting expertise is relied upon as a resource for the VP when developing policy, communicating standards needs or reconciling policies to best support and move business forward.
A dynamic and proven leader in the advertising industry is needed to partner with the Vice President to manage departmental workflow and to create and maintain processes to fulfill the need for greater efficiencies across all divisions we support. This person will also manage and develop junior team members. The Senior Director of Advertising will approve advertisements and integrations for high profile advertisers for linear and digital across all the ViacomCBS non-kids advertising supported brands (CBS Network and ViacomCBS basic cable brands).
• Work in tandem with VP, EVP to oversee big picture policy for emerging categories. Help create and modify policy according to current industry trends, network, programming, sales & marketing needs and continually evaluate our brands.
• Create and maintain processes for communication and clearance with our Sports franchise partners and CBS Sports senior staff.
• Self-starter responsible for evaluating scripts, rough cuts and finals for advertising and integrations airing on all VCBS adult-directed channels and digital (high profile and regulated categories).
• Principle contact with client groups (Sales, Commercial Operations, Digital, etc.) related to Ad Standards.
• Lead, execute and quickly deliver departmental projects.
• Manage and mentor junior staff.
• 10 + years of experience in the Advertising industry with strong interests in policy, process and creating efficiencies.
• Bachelor's degree
• Extensive knowledge of the Advertising Standards landscape, including government laws and self-regulatory guidelines.
• Successful management experience.
• Advanced research and presentation experience.
• Communication skills – able to communicate in a succinct and clear manner; able to communicate and interpret complex/technical information for various audiences.
• Advanced analytical, negotiating and organizational skills.
• Ability to work as an independent contributor, be an active part of a team, and manage teammates.
• Desire to foster positive relationships with various departments across the company.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.