Position: Senior Software, DevOps
Reports to: Engineering Manager, DevOps
Location: Los Angeles, CA or remote
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on ViacomCBS and its businesses, visit www.viacbs.com. Keep up with ViacomCBS news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacomcbs), Facebook (facebook.com/viacomcbs) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacomcbs).
The DevOps engineering role for the Pluto TV Team is responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure as code, configuration management, performance monitoring, database management, and deploying applications on a large-scale consumer video platform.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Design and develop infrastructure as code to build performant systems to support the video platform
• Database and configuration management including backup and recovery processes.
• Deep troubleshooting related to failures, performance and networking including root cause analysis and building fault-tolerant systems
• Manage the full lifecycle of infrastructure and change management including off-hours maintenances when needed
• Evaluate DevOps tools and software to determine best-in-class solutions
• Resolve technical and user problems
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Extensive experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a microservice architecture
• Extensive experience working with Linux and solid grasp of fundamentals
• 3+ years of experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform (preferred), Ansible, Chef, or Salt
• 2+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines building NodeJS and/or Go applications
• 2+ years of DevOps experience for large scale web hosted consumer services
• Experience with AWS including EKS, EC2, VPC, S3, Lambda, Cloudwatch
• Experience developing and maintaining distributed microservice based infrastructure
• Experience owning the products and solutions you create. You will be responsible for maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with technologies such as Mongo and Redis
• Ideal candidate will have experience with Vault and Elasticsearch/Kibana
• Ideal candidate will have experience with service meshes such as Istio and LinkerD
• Ideal candidate will have experience with monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33k3x-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.