Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Counsel to join the Legal Affairs team! The Motion Picture Legal Department manages all legal aspects of major theatrical and other feature-length productions, including the drafting and negotiation of talent agreements and other contracts relating to development and production. The Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs will be responsible for managing all talent agreements and other related contracts associated with assigned features.
• Draft and negotiate rights, writer, director, producer and other high level talent agreements
• Provide legal advice during development and production to in-house groups and outside production personnel
• Work closely with other production attorneys as well as attorneys specializing in below-the-line contracts, including location and vendor agreements
• Handle complicated chain of title matters to insure underlying rights of all projects are clear
• Advise on copyright and trademark issues
• Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements
• Draft and negotiate co-financing and acquisition agreements
• At least 5 years of equivalent experience in development and production at a major law firm or motion picture studio, or combination
• JD degree from a well-recognized law school
• Admitted to the California Bar
• Significant and direct experience supervising all legal aspects of feature-length motion picture production at a major or mini-major motion picture studio
• Ability to problem-solve and exercise good judgment
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with staff, internal and external contacts
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and efficiently manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a high demand setting
• Willingness to tackle matters outside of areas of expertise
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46e3z-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.