Manager, External Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
CBS Studios International is the leading supplier of programming to the international television marketplace, licensing to more than 200 markets in more than 60 languages across multiple media platforms. The division distributes content from CBS Television Studios, CBS Television Distribution, SHOWTIME Networks, CBS News, CBS Films and a library of more than 70,000 hours of programming. The Studio participates in a number of international channel ventures and also exports a diverse lineup of formats for local production. CBS Studios International has 13 offices around the world, including its base in Los Angeles and EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam. CBS Studios International is a division of ViacomCBS.
• Draft and review license agreements, amendments, legal notices and other documents related to television and Video-on-Demand licensing activities using company approved templates.
• Interface and liase with Sales staff in local offices to follow-up and coordinate execution of contracts and related documents.
• Upload documents and correspondence into legal department document management system (iManage) and maintain records on contract status.
• Support Business Affairs attorneys with special projects, contract/sales analysis, contract review, document presentation, etc. Use company information systems (DMS/PRAS/TFS) and other resources (Sharepoint, Salesforce, Onedrive) to gather information as part document presentation and analysis.
Skills & Abilities:
• Superior analytical ability and writing skills.
• Accurate, result-oriented individual able to build bridges between legal and commercial.
• Able to work independently with exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high priority projects with a keen eye to detail.
• Professional, confident demeanor and a team player.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Bachelor degree in related field required, paralegal certificate preferred.
• 3 years' experience in a similar role with Business Affairs/Contracts/Legal and/or Television Distribution licensing background.
• Knowledge and familiarity with television distribution license agreements and related documents.
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.