Manager / Director, Deal Finance
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Our Technology Integration Management Office (TIMO) is actively seeking a Senior Business Analyst as part of the Standards, Governance, and Systems and Tooling team. This team is responsible for translating the company's overall policies to processes that enable successful project delivery by the Tech teams. This includes understanding of industry standards, knowledge of waterfall and agile project management methodologies, consistency to governance procedures, audits, or compliance, establishing standard methodologies based on controllership requirements; and oversight of delivery via project management toolsets.
The TIMO is currently implementing a consolidated project management system (PPM) and related toolsets that supports the ViacomCBS Technology organization. We seek a Senior Business Analyst to help drive decision-making around current business processes in order to transition to the new PPM/toolsets which will sustain a newly formed interpersonal structure.
You will work with the entire team to deliver complete solutions under supervision and lead a component of a broader initiative. This BA must be able to identify issues, resolve conflicts, bring up if necessary, and work across the organization to execute tasks assigned to them.
This Role Will Encompass:
• Assisting in efforts related to demand management, strategic alignment, and partner engagement
• Facilitate intake/demand management processes
• Lead all aspects of the intake management workflow from ideation to active state, engaging with all the Technology teams
• Enable and ensure smooth intake processes like registration, approvals paths and unblocks any bottlenecks within the process
• Be the point of contact for any registration and intake questions
• Send notifications to partners and governance domains
• Support the creation of project business cases prior to submission for funding - strategic alignment to OKRs, justifications, feasible landmarks, and financials
• System admin for the project management toolsets
• Help support questions related to maintenance, access, and/or user interface.
• Be a backup, as needed, for training or onboarding purposes.
• Analytics and reporting - status to partners, governance procedures, or help improve processes
• Prepare/maintain internal status dashboards
• Build reports to track requests needing review/approved/upcoming
• Generate capital labor hours reports
• Continuously analyze areas to detect where processes are breaking down to support decision-making and convey that to management with recommendations
• Prepare reports on projects meeting their achievements and adhering to partner governance in monthly/quarterly checkpoints
• Provide data to leadership in easy to understand formats – like PowerPoint
• Collaborate with the finance teams to ensure processes adhere to company financial policies.
• Provide input in formal communications or presentations with project partners, business units, and governance groups
• Help maintain and update documentation on processes as needed
• Assist with change management processes and procedures
• Provide any support to senior leaders and business analysts as needed
• 3+ years of relevant project management experience or college degree preferred
• Basic knowledge of project management software
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite – preferably including Sharepoint and Teams
• Experience in ServiceNow or JIRA is desirable
• Project management certifications or consulting background desirable
• Proven working partnership with a variety of stakeholders in various disciplines
• Understand technologies applicable to technology sectors within media and entertainment company.
• Strong passion to learn about project management principles and practices
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.