The position will require that the individual supports the Black Entertainment Television (BET) Business Unit Leader as the primary liaison between the BET business / financial reporting teams and the ViacomCBS tax team. The position will be responsible for understanding the BET accounting and reporting systems as well as knowing how to operate them for purposes of gathering and analyzing the data to compute the quarterly / annual tax provisions and tax returns. The position will assist with the review of legal entity accounting and will interact with BET controllers to ensure timely submission of tax-related information. The position will also be required to assist with special tax projects initiated by ViacomCBS tax, such as tax basis balance sheet analyses, accounting method reviews, and other tax planning opportunities.
• Preparation of all federal income tax requirements on an actual and forecasted basis. This includes mining and analyzing the BET general ledgers and subsequently computing all book/tax differences for the quarterly and annual tax provisions, as well as the federal BET proforma and sub consolidation tax returns, and related estimates.
• Provide the background and insight into transactions, including assisting the BET team in properly recording the transaction on the applicable legal entities and communicating effectively with the tax group about the applicable financial accounting implications
• Provide support to maintain tax basis balance sheet analyses, assist with building interfaces between financial reporting systems to tax reporting systems as applicable, and other special tax projects as requested by ViacomCBS tax
• Assist with tax accounting method changes, including background of how specific revenue and expense items are recorded for financial accounting purposes, as well as providing assistance with rolling forward new tax accounting methods that may be elected
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 2 to 4 years of public/private tax accounting and/or tax compliance experience
• Operational and/or consolidation accounting knowledge
• Must have excellent intrapersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Must be comfortable to communicate via email, telephone and in person.
• Must be process-oriented. Problem solver, self-starter and ''finisher'', highly organized and deadline conscious. Must be able to handle significant transaction volume and diversity of assignments and projects.
• Must be a nimble individual; able to handle and manage change in a proactive way
• Must have the ability to work well in groups via a collaboration method
• Accountable personality who takes ownership for tasks/processes that the person is responsible for
• Must have exceptional computer skills and have used accounting systems in the past
• Master's in Taxation / CPA or parts passed a plus
• Entertainment/media industry experience a plus
• Some ''Big 4'' experience is preferred
• Use of Corptax Tax Compliance software a plus
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Click for more details
As ViacomCBS begins the process of returning to the office in the US, there are a few key dates to keep in mind
• The first dose of the Moderna vaccine should be no later than November 29.
• The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine should be no later than December 6.
• The J&J vaccine should be administered no later than December 27.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dywpn0-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.