Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Data & Decision Sciences Group is seeking a forward-thinking, hardworking individual to join our cross functional team and focus on providing in-depth analysis on cross company marketing campaigns as well as assisting in fostering the improvements and development of our on-air promo optimization application. The role requires superior attention to detail and an analytical curiosity. The Sr. Analyst will work directly with the Vice President to organize and handle business requirements for all application enhancements. It is the goal of the Sr. Analyst to be a subject matter expert as well as Business Analyst concerning our on-air promo optimization application while also providing in-depth research analysis for a variety of studies and reports.
• Work with the VP, our brands and our Media Tech partners as business analyst to provide detailed business requirements for application improvements.
• Help prioritize and manage processes for product application improvement releases, user acceptance testing and user training sessions.
• Provide in-depth research analyses on a wide variety of cross company marketing studies.
• Identify and communicate trends and patterns in data through the use of Excel, PowerPoint and other software tools.
• Collaborate with other team members to develop ways to leverage data to provide insights that benefit programmers, marketers and media planning and strategy across all our brands.
The ideal candidate will have had experience with or interest in media planning, research, product applications development and business analytics with a passion for television and media, and a willingness to learn from and work with others.
• Solid understanding of media planning, marketing and research
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office products - strong Excel and PowerPoint skills necessary)
• Ability to communicate clearly and optimally (excellent writing skills are ideal)
• Strong organizational skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-motivator with a friendly disposition
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Strategic problem solver with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
• Experience with media planning and promo optimization tools
• Working knowledge of syndicated reporting databases and software such as Nielsen, comScore, Lake5, TechEdge a plus
• Executive presence and ability to represent the team at higher levels of the organization
• 3+ years of media industry, research or business analyst experience.