CX Systems Manager
London, United Kingdom
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
What is the role
The Senior Analyst, Global Insights will be responsible for supporting the London-based Global Insights team. This role's primary responsibility is to contribute to the management of research initiatives, carry out analysis and assist in bringing consumer insights to life throughout ViacomCBS through existing and new research projects.
In addition to strong analytical and interpersonal skills, this role requires someone with curiosity and aptitude in interpreting data and consumer research. They must demonstrate the ability to see patterns and gather insights about consumers. A candidate with at least a year's experience and a passion for media is preferred. The role will be based in London.
• Carry out analysis using syndicated research tools and data from ViacomCBS primary research projects
• Assist in gathering and interpreting data to explore how people's media behaviours are changing internationally
• Carry out desk research and analysis into TV content trends using available tools including Ampere Commissioning Analytics and NoTa
• Collate and draft the weekly Global Development Roundup covering newly announced TV content
• Work with team to build Global Content Trends reports on various genres and topics
• Contribute to the management of international primary research projects on various topics
• Handle syndicated reports, categorising and uploading these to the 3rd Party Research Hub
• Handle subscription lists for emails and syndicated services, liaising with vendors on these where needed
• Assist team with developing presentations and reports, including sourcing images and videos
• Carry out basic video-editing for presentations
• Support team with administrative tasks e.g. booking meeting rooms, checking calendars, raising purchase orders, preparing research materials
• Collaborate with and provide additional support to NY-based team where required (e.g. monitoring Global Insights Mailbox)
What skills do you need
• Must have a genuine interest in human behaviour and what motivates people in general, as well as how people use media specifically
• Must be comfortable working with and deriving insights from numbers
• Strong critical thinking skills and a sense of curiosity
• Ability to recognise patterns and themes when analysing data and other research
• Able to write concisely and compellingly
• Positive approach, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships
• Ability to prioritise and efficiently perform tasks with attention to detail
• Highly organised, responsive, and flexible with ability to work well under pressure
• High degree of integrity and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Possesses the ability to be subtle with a high level of cultural sensitivity, as well as a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
• Strong PC and Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred; experience working with images/video a plus)
• Passionate about TV content
• Experience working or studying internationally a plus
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously. To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining.