Overview and Responsibilities
The Program Manager is responsible for working with Product Management, Operations and other PMs to facilitate the execution and adoption of services, solutions and products across the enterprise! This entails independently leading the complex, business critical activities that may involve integrating the work of multiple large teams.
The ideal candidate will provide strategic and tactical mentorship to teams and Project Managers or Scrum Masters in ways that promote teamwork and coordination amid competing priorities. They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be able to facilitate meetings and specific ceremonies, when applicable.
• Responsible for supporting all operational aspects of content delivery including CMS feature development, content readiness and release management.
• Responsible for coordinating with front-end apps and web PMs (O&O) to identify content dependencies and ensure proper coverage for those dependencies
• Accountable for identifying, raising tickets and tracking all work that sits under the content systems and services group (CSS).
• Accountable for coordinating and tracking work on external dependency teams of Multi-platform production and media information services
• Creates CSS Project Plan for each initiative and facilitate timely release of content deliverables
• Tracking of risks, actions and dependencies for CSS and calling out to LOB PM, where applicable
• Facilitates CSS status meetings with all content teams and content dependencies
• Facilitate a scrum-of-scrums (SoS) to bring all CSS PM's and O&O POs and PMs together for status update on feature development content dependencies.
• Ensures PMO governance standards are adhered to (taxonomy, confluence, dashboards etc)
• Facilitate PI planning activities and help identify quarterly roadmaps for CSS teams
• Assure that all team members understand and accept their roles and responsibilities.
• Establish and implement change control and risk mitigation processes.
• Monitor project schedules for commitments to milestones and resource usage.
• Distribute project and program information to executive management, project teams, and other key partners on a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence as needed.
• Evaluate project success and reporting back to partners on success criteria met.
• Ensures PMO governance standards are adhered to
• Align with PMO governance team to establish and communicate Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning sessions and activities
• Communicate the PI planning agenda and objectives with product and engineering teams
• Setup PI planning boards for product and engineering to plan their quarters
• Facilitate discovery and dependency sessions before, during and post PI planning
• Monitor resolution of program risks, dependencies, and blockers for the program/track identified during or after the PI Planning; bring up as necessary
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution of value delivery
• Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
• Identify and lead risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
• Run dependencies within and across programs
• Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery to consumer
• Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management and various subject areas across the enterprise
• Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums (where applicable)
• Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
• Assist in fine-tuning process for cross-team communication, coordination of integration between systems, and related governance
• Handle projects (when applicable) and their interdependencies to ensure landmark adherence and integrity of the delivery
• Ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently
• Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
• Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
• Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration, playing a crucial role in collaborating with end users and business partners
• Maintain relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
Additional Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
• Independently run activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
• Mentor other Program Managers, Project Managers, and Scrum Masters (seen as having authoritative expertise and educating accordingly)
• Easily sift through ''noise'' and facilitate discussions and team activities with a laser focus towards results
• Scan external environment for standard methodologies and collaborate with team(s) to implement where applicable
• Use advanced project management skills to identify process gaps and introduce innovative approaches that increase predictability and quality
• Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
• Give to defining the goals for the MTS Platform and Program Management departments
• 10+ years of experience in program/project management in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
• Strong knowledge of Agile frameworks and software engineering practices, as well as traditional project management approaches
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
• Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
• Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
• Certified Scrum Master certification, along with other Agile and traditional certifications (like CSPO, PMP) highly preferred
• Experience in a media technology environment
• Experience working in backend operational teams as well content management systems is preferable.
• Digital and linear media technologies including: video delivery, ad delivery, user authentication, content management systems, mobile applications, web sites, and how they integrate with existing technologies
• Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals
• Experience working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
• Experience producing advanced reports in Excel and other reporting tools
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3784-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.