SPG3 Entertainment AG
Remote / Virtual
PRODUCTION EXECUTIVE, SCRIPTED [PAYE freelancer role; if using Limited company, this role is Inside IR35 ]
Who You Are!
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds, makes this a great place to work! We work hard but in a fun environment and seek to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example and simply being you at work, this is the place for you!
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
ViacomCBS is looking to create an increasing amount of its own content, and as such has established a global network of production entities under the banner ViacomCBS International Studios [VIS] (* see also below).
In the UK, we are establishing a division to develop and produce a range of scripted productions, and as such are recruiting for a key role which will help us achieve our aims, and form part of our senior management team.
This role will work closely with the Vice President, VIS to help identify projects for development and eventually for production.
This role will help to foresee and manage many of the key stages of development and, eventually production, including the budgeting and scheduling of projects, the building and maintaining of key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and helping to identify and solve many of the logistical issues regarding scripted production in the UK and abroad.
(* Please note, ViacomCBS International Studios UK [VIS UK] also exists, making mainly non-scripted programmes for a range of broadcasters in the UK and abroad. This role will work almost exclusively with VIS rather than VIS UK, although there may be cross-over between the divisions during the fixed term contract).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY?
• Oversee all projects in development and possibly production at all stages, from inception to delivery
• Advise on how best to secure options for existing third party IP, with a view to turning them into scripted projects
• Help structure deals for newly created material, from all sources, to ensure talent is fairly rewarded and IP is retained
• Advise on timelines for development and production, and prepare development budgets where required
• Write and/or consult on production budgets and schedules, based on treatments and, where available, scripts
• Feedback on likely risks faced by the development and production of our slate, and help mitigate those risks
• Help to move programmes into funded production, providing operational and logistical support wherever it is required
• Build and maintain good working relationships between VIS and all applicable trade unions and guilds
• Advise on filming locations, including advising on tax credits, and other similar production incentives
• Help to secure sound stages in our chosen locations where applicable, based on your knowledge of available UK space
• Work with agents of on- and off-screen talent to help secure the best deals with all key hires
• Once productions are greenlit, work to oversee the production teams, analysing budgets and cost reports
• Provide support to both our core management team, and our production teams as required
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
• Extensive and proven' experience in a scripted, preferably high-end TV Production environment
• Prior experience in a relevant similar role, either as a senior Line Producer or as a Production Executive
• Great budgeting and planning experience, able to work fast and accurately sometimes under time pressure
• Ability to implement and enforce the administration of this fast- growing department, supporting the VP on all matters
• Knowledge of key agents and talent managers in the UK, both for on- and off-screen high-end talent
• Experience of working and negotiating with applicable trade bodies, guilds and unions
• Knowledge of nations and regional production would be an advantage, as would experience of working internationally
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrable experience of effective working within teams
• High standard of computer literacy, especially Movie Magic, Excel and similar
• Experience in successfully working with a diverse range of people, at all levels
• Self-motivating enthusiastic individual, good at problem solving and multi-tasking
• Highly numerate with ability to monitor financial records closely with a keen eye for detail
• Positive attitude, willing to grow with the department and help set and lead its development
• Ability to apply structure and logic within a fast-moving production environment
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES?
What are our benefits
• Private Medical Insurance : You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan : We'll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount : If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we'll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme : You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we'll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership : We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants : Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway : With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
ViacomCBS takes its responsibility of being a Disability Confident Employer seriously and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for. If you require any support or assistance during the interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals Permanent and Fixed Term Contract employees will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an aff