Studio Operator Level 4
We're ViacomCBS Australia, with brands you love including Network 10,MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, just to name a few. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Presentation Scheduler within our Programming team.
We are looking for someone with high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, who understands the importance of continuity.
This exciting role is responsible for the day to day creation of our transmission schedules, and ensuring our content goes to air. This includes building break formats, scheduling all interstitial and sponsorship material, the integration of program and commercial files and the scheduling of secondary events (GFX).
You'll be doing things like this:
• Build skeleton Presentation schedules ensuring adequate time has been allowed to play programmes and have the correct amount of time for breaks
• Update and check Presentation schedule as appropriate
• Insert promos into Presentation schedule as detailed by the Media Plan
• Check and download transmission schedule to transmission enabling channel to go to air successfully
• Ensure all commercials and sponsorship bumpers are scheduled according to the instructions from the sales house
• Schedule GFX navigational elements, including bugs, clip titles, menus, pop ups etc
• Up to date understanding of all of the channels graphics techniques and requirements
• Liaise with internal departments for the delivery of broadcast ready GFX for light switches, stunts or bespoke events
This is what you'll bring:
• 2 + years in a similar role
• Aware of current trends in Presentation, Promotions, Media Planning and GFX
• Knowledge of a windows based Channel Management System
• Keen interest in television, with an alert, analytical mind
• Ability to prioritise workload and keen attention to detail
• Flexibility to work across all channels as needed
• Ability to build positive relationships with the Channel Operations team and other internal and external teams, proven through positive feedback
So who are we?
You would be part of the Channel Operations team, reporting into the Director of Channel Operations and would work closely with all the ViacomCBS Asia Pacific teams.
ViacomCBS is much more than a pay TV company - we create entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture through an ecosystem of content, experiences, merchandise and advertising solutions with a portfolio of the world's strongest, most iconic and trusted brands such as MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount & Comedy Central to name a few.
We have a massive social footprint with more than 1 billion global fans, followers and subscribers and billions of views each month across the portfolio. We have 300+ channels, can be found in 183 countries, have 600 million households and can be heard in 42 languages.
People around here say their favourite things about working here are the people, projects, autonomy, office space, social, wellbeing and learning opportunities.
What is unique to us? We're small in size but large in ambitions and opportunity! This means you'll have a say in how the projects you work on play out and will get involved in a broader range of work than you would in a larger office. Our work is always evolving and we're always trying new things - if that excites you then this is the place for you.
If you're ready for an exciting career move and the opportunity to learn & develop, apply now.
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity & gender expression.