Senior Data Engineer
New York, NY
The team for Paramount+ is responsible for servicing ViacomCBS's premium online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek Discovery, The Good Fight, Twilight Zone) and also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy content across all of ViacomCBS's global brands (such as Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Smithsonian, MTV, BET, etc).
Overview & Responsibilities:
P+ seeks a Performance Engineer for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will support our Kubernetes platforms that serve our streaming products in the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to manage a wide range of existing technology with an opportunity to improve the scalability and stability of our teams and systems.
You thrive on scripting, automating, monitoring, performance, and uptime. You love testing and think everything should be tested at all steps of the deployment pipeline. You automate things that you do not want to handle manually anymore. You have experience with being on-call and thrive on ownership and systems. You want to be a member of the SRE and DevOps teams and gain exposure to a wide range of existing systems.
• Lead the design, implementation of our testing framework and provide actionable metrics to help us proactively address them.
• Develop testing platforms including, but not limited to performance, chaos, security, and infrastructure.
• Create integrations between our teams and systems.
• Implement monitoring platforms across infrastructure, applications, and networks.
• Support our development teams across multiple properties in an AGILE environment.
• Work with security, infrastructure, and development teams to ensure our systems are tested and performant.
• Assist with improving applications performance, capacity, reliability and scalability.
• Validate application and infrastructure performance and stability.
• Work with SRE and DevOps teams to diagnose issues and develop improvements.
• Lead the design and development of testing and verification of our infrastructure.
• Work with our development teams on re-architecture of existing systems in the cloud.
• Work with the AI/ML teams to detect patterns and build self-monitoring systems.
• Monitor application projects and raise potential issues to relevant stakeholders.
• Create and maintain best practices for performant and well tested applications.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 1+ years experience testing experience with Locust.io, Chaos Framework or similar tools (jMeter, Cicada, Grasshopper, Gatling, k6, LoadRunner, Neoload, TestComplete, WebLOAD, BlazeMeter, Chaos Framework, Chaos Monkey, LitmusChaos, ChaosMesh, Nethavoc, Mangle).
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and collaborate on solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline.
• 1+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems.
• 1+ years experience working with Cloud systems in AWS/GCP.
• 1+ years experience working with Docker.
• 1+ years of programming experience with Python, NodeJS, Java, or Go.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwb7q-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.