Pluto TV is looking for an experienced software engineering manager for development of new, as well as enhancement of existing, backend services. Confident with high volume and high-performance Node.js servers. Some experience with Ad Tech is preferred.
The expectation we want to set with candidates is 50/50 hands on testing and management duties. Need strong Automation, Java (since that is what the automation framework is written in) and AWS.
• Build out and manage a great team of software engineers (mostly remote) on multiple scrum teams (9-12 team members)
• Keep your teams happy, motivated and successful
• Develop and implement innovative processes, strategies and best practices to maximize team morale and productivity
• Host weekly 1:1's with team members for coaching and mentoring
• Conduct code reviews and ensure developers adhere to team's best practices and processes
• Develop technical requirements for new projects or improve existing projects with teams
• Encourage teams to make technical decisions, and make final decisions when necessary
• Determine key engineering metrics
• Monitor and improve team engineering metrics
• Ensure priority tasks such as production issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
• Guide realistic (not optimistic) LOE discussions during Quarterly PI planning, accounting for likely set-backs and external constraints
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
• BS/MS degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
• 10+ years of software engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, performant and responsive web applications
• 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (on teams with 7 or more developers)
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• 1+ years of Typescript experience (nice-to-have)
• 1+ years of Ad Tech experience (nice-to-have)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq8qe-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.