Head Of Studio Strategy & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
Manager Accounting (CBS Studios)
The CBS Studios, a division of ViacomCBS, is seeking a highly motivated Manager Accounting, Studios that is a self-starter and team player. Ideal candidate must be detailed oriented, organized and possess good communication skills. This position will work with other departments and divisions within the corporation. Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
• Accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting of assigned business units and the consolidation of those results. Includes monthly, quarterly and annual preparation and presentation to management.
• Preparation of financial results and reconciliations.
• Perform financial statement variance analysis and deliver results to management.
• Assisting with quarterly internal / external audit requests.
• Reconciliation and preparation of Co-Production Statements and accruals.
• Perform controls testing to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Preparation of Ad-hoc reports and special projects.
• Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet and inventory schedules, including variance analysis from plan and prior month or quarter.
• Preparation of the monthly balance sheet as well as quarterly supplemental balance sheet roll forwards and other supporting schedules.
• Performing accounting and financial reporting system implementation and enhancement testing and continuously looking to identify process improvements.
• Preparation and input of journal entries necessary for month/quarter/year end accruals.
• Review and post journal entries prepared by senior level analysts
• Communicate with several divisions within CBS to ensure timely receipt of key documents required for on-time financial statement submissions
• Mentor senior level analysts on day-to-day tasks, serving as the first point of contact for inquiries
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3-5+ years of comprehensive accounting experience
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• CPA preferred, not required
• Cognos experience a plus
• Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Strong work ethic that takes ownership of assigned areas and is capable of performing a variety of time sensitive tasks
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Works well in a team-oriented environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and able to learn other software applications
• A mix of public and private industry preferred
JOB CATEGORY: Finance