ViacomCBS Streaming (formerly CBS Interactive) is a division of ViacomCBS that encompasses both free, paid, and premium streaming services including Pluto TV, CBS All Access, CBS Sports Digital, and CBS News Digital.
The Video Technology team develops industry leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, ShowTime, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and the entire suite of ViacomCBS properties. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work! Does this sound like you?
You'll be an integral part of the central Video Technology team coordinating Quality Assurance workflows across a suite of back-end and front-end frameworks. You will work with other video QA team members and software engineers to build, test, and release these video products across a variety of environments and application platforms. Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of QA test plans within internal automated QA systems, ensuring that QA testing is seamlessly integrated with continuous integration and deployment strategies. You will coordinate this automation testing across the whole end-to-end video lifecycle, including acquisition, processing, delivery and playback. You will work closely with software engineers and product managers from our internal customer teams to make sure they can build and test their products effectively.
• Working with internal services to automate as much of the QA workflow as possible
• Reviewing test plans with team members to coordinate across different points in the video pipeline.
• Working with Product and Engineering managers to coordinate around product release schedules.
• Analyzing test reports, and thoroughly documenting bugs.
• Aligning test plans to cover end-to-end video lifecycle testing.
• Working with customers and internal engineers to troubleshoot issues.
• Standardizing regression practices across application platforms.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• BA in computer science or relevant work experience
• 5+ years proven experience working as a software QA Coordinator/engineer
• Advanced technical problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience working with automated test environments.
• Experience working with agile software development
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience working in HTML, CSS, and streaming video.
• Experience using Chrome Dev Tools (or Firefox Web Inspector).
• Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AAC video and audio codec standards.
You might also have -
• Video engineering and video player experience.
• Experience with tvOS, iOS, Android, Tizen, Playstation, and Roku frameworks.
• Experience working with Android Studio and XCode.
• Experience working on cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP.
• Experience using Jira software.
• Experience in video advertising and video analytics technology.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o8w-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.