Los Angeles, CA
As a Lead Engineer- Transcoding Engineer, you are will contribute with a team of engineers to support an industry-leading Over-the-Top (OTT) software platform. You will attend regular sprint meetings, and work closely with other Senior Engineers to fix bugs, work on technical debt, and design & implement features. As Lead Engineer you are considered to be 100% autonomous for day-to-day work.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Consulting to your manager and ensure each Engineer is trained properly.
• Regular design discussions.
• Regular training sessions.
• Design documents. The team will rely on you to lead the design efforts.
• Groom with the scrum managers and help the product manager keep the backlog full.
As an individual contributor you will need to provide validated expertise in the following areas:
• 10 plus years of experience in a relevant field (engineering, physics, mathematics, etc)
• 5 plus years of experience with Transcoding/Encoding
• 5 plus years of compiled languages for backend web application
• 3 plus years of GoLang (preferred), Java, C++, etc.
• 3 plus years of OTT experience.
• 3 plus years of HLS and/or DASH
• 3 plus years of Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI), Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI), Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) Streaming, etc
Experience with the following would be advantageous. Consider further, you will mentor other Engineer on these technologies and concepts.
• Knowledge of FFMPEG
• Familiarity with Dolby Hybrik, AWS Elemental, or similar.
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, Helm
• GitHub, GitHub Actions
• Jenkins, Circleci, Ansible, Salt, etc
• Microservices Architecture
• Testing Best Practices
• Unit Tests
• Automated test suites
• Software Design Best Practices
• Decoupling .
• Excellent written skills for the English language.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwneqp-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.