Summer Intern - Data Analytics Engineer
Remote / Virtual
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to assist and build infrastructure and deployment code for video systems. Duties include the ability to design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) for the video architectures that intersect the broadcast engineering & operations and the online video streaming ecosystems. The role also requires the skills for monitoring environments, escalating issues, and problem resolution. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you're a hands-on leader and team player, with a demonstrable history of building strong relationships quickly, motivating teams and impacting a broader amount of projects, assisting with revenue growth, deploying efficient workflows and reducing the costs of operations while designing reliable, stable, cloud-native solutions.
• Assist in design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) for the video application and microservices that support video processing workflows; Manage the full integration of our products and back-end systems and work closely with business units to test and maintain these integrations over time.
• Lead the design, implementation of our cloud infrastructure repositories including CI/CD pipeline and different development environments
• Champion initiatives for redundant microservices that span in multiple regions and clouds
• Collect requirements and design cost-saving systems integrations between Broadcast and Online Streaming; Work with different departments and BUs to implement reusable technology.
• Support our development teams across multiple properties in an AGILE environment
• Provide ongoing technical and operational training for engineering staff in our organization
• Provide technical support and resolve issues
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Build, Maintain and improve our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) repositories for our products and services
• Collaborate with our development teams on re-architecture of existing systems into the cloud
• Evolve our technical visibility capabilities across our family of products
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Experience containerizing applications using Docker/Kubernetes/EKS/Helm
• Deep Experienced with Linux systems
• 5+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS/GCP using tools like Terraform, Puppet
• Experience with CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, CircleCI, GCP CloudBuild, Github Actions
• Experience with Cloud Networking (Availability Zones, VPC's, AWS Direct Connect, etc)
• Knowledgeable in programming language such as Python and Go
You might also have -
• Open Source or public contribution on software projects
• An associate certification in either AWS or GCP
• Experience with online video systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience