Fox TV Stations
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking an individual with well rounded experience in the television systems engineering and production support fields. They will provide engineering support for large and small scale productions across multiple locations in NYC. This individual will also be responsible for system upgrades and maintenance projects in our production environments. We work hard and seek to nurture an inclusive environment. If you're passionate about working with diverse teams, leading by example, and simply being you at work, join us at ViacomCBS!
Studio Engineering responsibilities to include:
• Provide technical support for live and taped productions in day to day operations
• ESU (Engineering Setup): Configure and assist in configuring studio equipment as required by productions
• Maintain all studio technical equipment
• Provide first level technical support for broadcast post production systems
• Provide technical support for insert stages during digital or streaming productions
• Provide technical support for equipment rooms and transmission areas
Project responsibilities to include:
• Translate operational requirements into an actionable work plan
• Evaluate new technology trends and propose where adaptation is appropriate
• Assist in development of technology roadmaps & budgets
• Develop Cost effective technical solutions and project plans
• Provide timely periodic status reports on projects
• Attend and lead technical project and engineering meetings.
• Review, interpret, and mark-up construction documentation as it pertains to technical build out
• Highly developed ''on air'' problem solving skills.
• Highly experienced in production and post production work flows
• Ability to delegate tasks for timely and efficient problem resolution
• Understanding of electrical and HVAC systems to escalate trouble calls to facilities department
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to establish goals, set clear expectations, prioritize activities and follow through to completion.
• Strong working technical and operational knowledge of broadcast technical facilities and television production/post production processes and workflows.
• Ability to forecast technological requirements and develop budgets
• Expertise in the following areas desired:
• Sony MVS8000X Production Switcher
• Sony HDC1500 Camera systems
• Pedestals, prompter
• RTS Intercom
• Clearcom intercom and Freespeak wireless
• Wireless mics and IFB, frequency coordination
• SSL audio Consoles
• Evertz routing and infrastructure
• EVS, KiPro, Movie recorder
• Fiber Optic transmission systems
• NewTek Tricaster
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the engineering or technical operations area of the broadcast television industry.
• Experience in studio production live on-air support.
• Experience in the design and installation of television studios and control rooms
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Ability to read and mark-up facility drawings and documentation
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
• College degree preferred but not required. Related technical school certificates, technical courses, and industry experience will be taken into consideration
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.