Fashion Category Manager
London, United Kingdom
Key Account Designer - Mat Cover - Applications Closing On 11 / 05 / 21
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special. At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
The DTR Key Account Designer position sits within the Global Creative Group within Viacom CBS Consumer Products team.
Working within the DTR Design team, who develop original designs for our direct to retail Soft lines business and EMEA product approvals for these retail partnerships, this role will focus on the generation of original creative assets and designs for retailers as well as managing the product approval submissions attributed to the DTR.
What will you be doing?
Researching, identifying and informing of fashion trends, across all consumer demographics, for the purpose of crafting original designs and assets for use on consumer products.
• Work with the DTR Design Manager, EMEA to share consumer and trend insight for the purpose of informing creative development across all ViacomCBS Brands.
• Working with the DTR Design Manager set the creative direction for our DTR partners aligning creative ideas with local business and retail strategies. Identify the creative needs of your retailer/s and provide solutions to meet these needs. Ensure brand values and product quality are maintained through all projects.
• Responsible for the development of original artwork assets: seasonal, limited collections and fast fashion, to support Key Account and Fashion Account needs, including the production of design and exclusive artwork assets for retailers.
• Work with other brands, (as identified by Nickelodeon and MTV brand teams), for the purpose of producing design assets if needed.
• Develop seasonal trend focused garment shapes across all age demos.
• Drive the Nickelodeon and MTV consumer products business by initiating creative development meetings with Key Account and Fashion partners, as identified by the retail and sales team, to discuss the properties, including asset availability, submissions process, creative and innovative branding ideas.
• Assist the Retail and Sales team in presenting to partners.
• Build relationships with key retailers by visiting and working with the designers and buying contacts to scope out new briefs and design collections.
• Manage the smooth running of projects and briefs as supplied by the creative managers and business teams plus external partners.
• Brief to and manage the work flow of design to the wider design team plus freelance support designers if required.
• Feed back to the design manager & business teams design output plus support requirement to ensure smooth output of design and product development for the DTR account.
• Review and manage the product approval submissions directly from external partners. Providing written feedback and supporting this with appropriate visuals or amended designs where appropriate. Directly returning all completed comments to all external partners within a specified time frame on Nick Central.
• Reviewing all pre-production submissions, referring to original comments made, ensuring all requested changes have been implemented and the finished quality of the product is of a high standard.
• Manage production samples, and providing feedback on these, archiving and managing sample distribution.
• Assist in the organisation of Key Account and Fashion Account road shows. Developing creative presentations, product set ups and presenting at these summits when required.
• Ensure the smooth running of the approval process, and continually identifying where improvements in process and communication can be made.
• Providing regular updates to the Creative and Retail teams to ensure fluency and understanding of product development including licensee /partner feedback.
• Work with the wider PD team and BALA team to ensure all product development is in line with terms outlined in contracts.
• Ensure all licensees & agents have the relevant assets they need for their development, using our internal systems to curate.
• Support the business strategies and assist in identifying new product opportunities for our properties in assigned categories and regions in support of the wider creative teams
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of creative trends and product development including identify potential new product categories and opportunities.
• Commit to consistently improve creative development – push the creative boundaries of traditional approaches to develop innovative, business relevant and original creative solutions for our brands.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator and have strong creative and design skills, including concept ideation and sketching.
• Creative flair – ability to work with trends and product development concepts
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and limitations
• Intermediate experience within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word PPT.
• BA/BSc or Technical College qualification related to design and product field
• Demonstrable years of experience working within product development or design, ideally within a toy licensing environment.
• Competent understanding of the licensing industry, including licensing contracts and agreements.
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
• A strong decision maker. Can prioritise well, manage a fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines.
• Possesses a positive attitude, is solutions focused and has an upbeat approach to work.
• Flexibility, self-motivated and an ability to work independently
• Pro-active teammate and highly responsive to requests
• Design experience within kid's product development is preferable.
• Experience working within Retail design is preferable.
• A second language is preferable.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next
Brand ViacomCBS Networks International
Function Creative Services
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z950-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.