Senior Manager, Product Manager
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who will serve as a contact point responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key vendors and ViacomCBS partners. This candidate will be required to identify global sourcing initiatives, drive cost savings, alignments and identify/impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities, RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
• Proactively engage and propose measures to ViacomCBS senior management that drive global critical initiatives through sourcing efforts, including supplier and spend consolidation.
• Take ownership and responsibility for leading and handling large complex IT Sourcing initiatives.
• Direct, define, and implement Category Management Strategies and initiatives to drive the delivery of alignment savings and business transformation objective.
• Set up regular cadence with key partners to review and prioritize IT Sourcing project pipeline. Work with partners on driving six step Sourcing process as per ViacomCBS Sourcing policy.
• Report project status to CTO and other Senior Members of the ViacomCBS IT Team-this is a highly visible role!
• Collaborate with purchasing teams where applicable to drive alignments and ensure compliance with policies
• Align regional and global organizational system to maximize achievement of sourcing objectives and strengthen global implementation of key IT Sourcing deals.
• Direct the negotiation of highly complex, corporate wide, strategic supplier alliances encompassing multiple channel partners and multi-agency collaborations.
• Review financial and operational deal efficiencies with key partners, Sourcing Management and Finance.
• Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models; assessing short-term and long-term industry market trends.
• Lead quarterly forums with suppliers to review project status, supplier pipeline and review strategic IT initiatives.
• Lead and manage the lifecycle of RFI/RFQ/RFPs which includes creation and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations and vendor selection.
• Identify and implement Sourcing efficiencies in conjunction with Sourcing Leadership
• A proven track record of cost reduction and efficiency improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with internal partners, business partners and external suppliers.
• Strong experience with Ariba eSourcing
• Information Technology with Category Management experience in End-User Compute, Professional Services, Software and SaaS
• Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling skills required
• Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
Knowledge and experience in key sourcing areas such as:
• Effective negotiator driving maximum financial and operational efficiencies.
• Lead cross-functional sourcing teams to identify project requirements and timelines
• Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.