Supervisor, Technical Production, Ed Sullivan Theater
New York, NY
This is the Property Department Head in Studio 50 - the Ed Sullivan Theater, supporting The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and other productions and activities at the theater. This is a full-time staff IATSE Local One position.
This person is responsible for supervising the Extra Stagehands assigned to his/her team. Although this stagehand position is primarily responsible for all production props-related tasks, this person will when necessary assist the other Head Stagehands even if the tasks are not props-related. In addition to physical props, the property department is responsible for keeping the entire set clean; the stage floor buffed; the theater seats clean and in good working order, etc. More generally this person is responsible for doing any and all stage-related work required by the production that falls under the jurisdiction of the CBS-IATSE Local One collective bargaining agreement. This position works closely with the other Stagehands, Designers, Stage Manager, Producers, Writers, Talent, PAs, Pages, Interns, and any other production personnel. This position reports to the CBS/GMO Production Manager assigned to The Late Show.
• This person requires prior experience as a stagehand assigned to the property department of television production.
• The theatrical stagehand experience is a plus.
• This person must be familiar with how television productions work.
• This person must be able to work well with everyone else associated with the production regardless of their position.
• This person must be able to function effectively under tight deadlines and high-stress situations.