ViacomCBS is seeking a Participation Analyst to join the Participation Department. The department handles contractual reporting to co-production partners and third-party participants on television shows produced and distributed by CBS, Paramount, and Showtime. The Participation Department provides a great opportunity to learn the television industry from initial production to global distribution of the television products.
• Prepare contractual accounting statements to talent and producers.
• Review, analyze, and reconcile statements to ledgers for accuracy.
• Utilize various systems and ledgers across the company.
• Communicate effectively with various business units and management to obtain required information.
• Participation audit support.
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance highly preferred.
• 1+ years relevant work experience or significant internship experience.
• Strong analytical skills are required to analyze financial data.
• Proficient in general accounting principles. Must understand and know how to read ledgers.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel (i.e.: create formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups).
• Be able to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Work experience in entertainment industry is a plus.
JOB CATEGORY: Finance