VP, Production Finance
Studio City, CA
The Director of Production Finance Operations and Reporting is a key member of CBS Studios' Production Finance team, reporting to the SVP, Finance, who is responsible for ensuring optimal financial operations of our productions guided by the Studio's policies and procedures. Leading a team of five, the Director will review corporate reporting deliverables including cash forecasting, accounting system reconciliations, monthly and quarterly journals and reporting, and weekly funding of in-house and 3rd party productions including hedging foreign currency. The Director will work closely with Treasury, Controllership, FP&A, Tax, and other corporate functions and will seek opportunities to automate and/or implement efficiencies across operations.
• Review Corporate Deliverables including:
• Production Cash Forecasts and Actuals to Forecast Variance Analysis
• Commitments Schedules
• Co-production Deficit Accruals and Forecasts
• Tax Reporting
• Accounting System Reconciliations
• Miscellaneous Forecasts and Financial Statements
• Weekly Funding Requests
• Hedging Proposals
• Oversee production set-up with accounting systems and banking.
• Key contact for all audits
• Motivate day-to-day and develop a team, by encouraging professional impact and a culture of feedback, mentoring, and employee development.
• Collaborate across functional and business teams to develop business practices.
• Guide team to successfully adopt and implement organizational process, procedure, and system changes.
• Bachelor's degree required with some Accounting coursework
• 7+ Years of related experience
• Prior experience in a large public accounting firm is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive self-starter and phenomenal teammate
• Ability to be flexible and lead a team in a changing industry and organizational landscape.
• Track record of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to independently navigate complex issues.
• Proficiency in Excel
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88bwq-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.