Program Director, Finance and Tech
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Our product team is responsible for the software platform that drives ViacomCBS SVOD digital experiences across Web, App & TV internationally! We work within a global product organization and talk to development teams across different international time-zones! Our mobile applications, website and smart TV apps represent internationally known and recognized brands and are distributed worldwide to fans of our ViacomCBS content.
You will be working with Product Subscription, Vendor Management, Customer Support, Finance and Legal teams. Also our D2C web direct-billing vendors/partners, to monitor, support, lead and optimize our existing and future global direct-2-consumer payment processes.
• Run operational relationships with vendors to configure & launch D2C web direct-billing payment platforms, payment gateways, payment processors, tax determination and mids, fraud detection and compliance (eg: PSD2).
• Investigate, identify, bring up, prioritize and address any bugs, outages or performance issues between our payment vendors.
• Monitor and execute conversion / retention improvements with vendors and other payment partners. Example - improvements to card processing time, reduction of denials, billing meta syntax validation, non-voluntary denial re-attempts, grace periods, account hold rules, etc...
• Help drive cost savings and risk mitigation with vendors and other payment partners. Example - reduce cost per transaction, back-up gateway(s) rules, etc...
• Provide configuration and validation support during the launches of new international regions/countries. Example - Payment gateway(s), payment processor(s), additional methods of payment, etc...
• Work closely with Business Operations, Growth, Finance and BI/Data teams to monitor payment operational metrics.
• Align with Legal and Finance on any updates to App Store processing/transaction guidelines (Example: Apple iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Roku App Store).
• Provide support as needed during SOX & InfoSec compliance audits.
• 4+ years working on consumer-facing, direct-2-consumer subscription online software products.
• Deep knowledge of e-commerce, global payment ecosystems as well as methods of payments.
• Familiar with the latest regulations and requirements for payment processing in a global marketplace.
• Working in an agile workplace that has complex data/systems structures & software in a release-train model.
• Familiar with Monitoring and Diagnostic tool sets - example: JSON Lint, Charles Proxy, New Relic.
• Strategic problem solver and self-starter.
• Passion for data to help problem-solve issues and provide quantifiable outcomes.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment requiring coordination of multiple projects at a time.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with International web & applications / Video streaming applications / D2C subscription of premium services.
• Knowledge of any of the following D2C vendors: Recurly, Cybersource, Fiserv, Stripe, Adyen, PayU, PrimeiroPay, Vertex, Avalara.
• Handling app stores - eg: iTunes/GooglePlay/Amazon/Roku App Store.
• Experience with any of the following - JS, JSON, Python, MySql, Drupal, RESTful API's, Swift, Kotlin.
• Experience with the following - A/B testing frameworks, JS, JSON, Python, MySql, RESTful API's.
• Technical Degree or related technical experience.