• Guide the strategy, development, and optimization of paid media plans that drive customer acquisition and retention for Showtime with a focus on the standalone app and Direct-to-Consumer products.
Media Planning and Optimization
Lead media team on day-to-day operations pertaining to performance media for Showtime.
• Oversee development and continuously refine the media strategy for Showtime-over-the-Internet to achieve product awareness, customer acquisition, retention, and revenue goals.
• Serve as a regular point-of-contact for agency partner(s) providing guidance on targeting, strategy, plan development, optimizations, reporting, and connection to larger series-specific advertising strategy.
o Ensure plans are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly, and executable based on production schedules.
o Attend and be an active participant in all weekly status meetings with the agencies and various internal marketing teams.
o Communicate premiere dates, product updates, and other pertinent information as it becomes available.
o Connect all paid activity to ensure plans are best complementing each other.
• Work closely with the Subscription Marketing team in the stewardship of media plans to closely sync up media tactics and agency deliverables with specific marketing, creative, and trafficking needs.
o Collaborate in the development of targeting parameters for media partners from agencies and partners with the goal of finding our best prospects and sending them to the most applicable destination.
• Partner with management in Marketing, Research, and Finance on forecast modeling, CPA refinement, and other projects that connect media and marketing activity to key financial metrics
• Oversee the management of the media budget.
o Review monthly budget distribution and media mix.
• Contribute to the development and authoring of presentations that articulate media strategies and tactics to secure sign-off to activate plans. Opportunity to present this work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments.
• Work alongside Subscription Marketing, Analytics, and Project Managers to coordinate ad trafficking and ensure campaigns are structured correctly so that necessary data for performance reporting is ingested properly.
• Communicate media approach, targeting, strategy, tactics, and reporting to Program Promotion Media and Key Account Media teams to identify areas of overlap or to register transferrable learnings.
o Optimize search campaigns based on partner activity (Amazon, Apple, Hulu, etc.).
• Analyze campaign results with an emphasis on digital media KPIs (app downloads, Free Trial Starts, etc.), and connect to business KPIs (conversion, churn, consumer lifetime value) to ensure cumulative refinement for future initiatives.
o Aim to apply transferrable learnings across various media campaigns from different teams to optimize fully comprehensive and complementary advertising initiatives.
• Review and draft marketing language in legal documents such as Statements of Work, Master Services Agreements, and distribution contracts.
• Read, analyze, and utilize media research and support team with deep analysis of emerging digital media tactics with an emphasis on digital innovation, programmatic buying, connected TV landscape, and advances in measurement technology.
Media Measurement and Analytics
• Work closely with agencies and internal teams to ensure that all campaigns are set up properly in order to best report on a variety of de-duplicated campaign KPIs.
• Ability to look beyond media metrics at product usage and business KPIs to inform media optimizations.
• Work with management on developing recommendation for advanced analytics solutions, including but not limited to MTA and MMM; execute plan if approved.
• Evolve campaign set-up and measurement to answer key business questions surrounding customer journey, ideal frequency, and lifetime value. Make cost-efficient recommendations for improvement if current infrastructure is not up to par.
• Transfer learnings to and from applicable Key Account campaigns and standalone and third party add-on services.
• Learn and champion Master Viewers Table in Tableau to have insight into all consumer sign-up and usage data; apply learnings to media campaigns.
• Make recommendations for improvement on consumer flow and trackability in partner environments.
Leadership & Training:
• Manage and develop the team:
o Train, manage, and mentor the Manager to deliver excellent work for all assigned tasks.
o Continue to educate the Manager on media strategy and how the team's work fits into corporate objectives.
o Partner with Manager on supervision and development of more junior team members.
o Offer ongoing performance feedback and broader business insights, thereby inspiring the best work possible from direct report and external agencies.
o Work with the full team on budget management process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong understanding of the streaming landscape and emerging media opportunities to support acquisition initiatives.
• Mastery of direct response digital tactics including search, social, programmatic, display, video, connected TV, and mobile advertising.
• Comfort analyzing data and using it to illustrate a marketing story.
• Fluent in web analytics- particularly DoubleClick and Adobe Analytics- and mobile attribution partners like Kochava.
• Knowledge of ad-trafficking process within Google Campaign Manager.
• Familiarity with marketing automation tools and how they can connect with paid advertising.
• Expertise in remarketing strategy from website set-up and pixel implementation to media execution.
• Highly developed communication skills, including: written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills.
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising, and media planning principles, with an expert knowledge of interactive TV applications, connected TVs, and programmatic buying methods.
• Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, emerging technologies, entertainment streaming platforms, social media community developments, and first-to-market advertising opportunities.
• Passion for the entertainment space and Showtime's programming. Strong knowledge and understanding of the cable television industry, particularly the premium cable business, including the programming, marketing, and distribution aspects of the competitive category.
• Supervisory and management skills, including the ability to train and motivate a report and team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 7-10+ years of digital media planning, digital media analytics, and/or customer acquisition marketing.
o Digital media expertise required with a strong customer acquisition background.
o Entertainment industry experience with an advanced understanding of the streaming landscape is a plus but not required.
o Leadership experience preferred for managing a team and external agencies.
o Solid knowledge of the search, social, and programmatic landscape and their application to customer acquisition campaigns.
o Strong preference for a candidate with strong communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to use data to craft a story.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most