Pluto TV is currently looking for a Director of Product Design to join our Product Design team. This Director role will be leading the UX/design of our Discovery & Core Experiences products/features for various platforms that host the Pluto TV service. The goal of these consumer-facing products and features is to improve the discoverability of content and the viewing experience that drive user engagement and retention.
The role will report to the Senior Director of Product Design and will manage a team of Product Design and UX Designers.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Lead & manage lean UX programs at the quarterly level to meet product goals.
• Keep design projects on track to meet deadlines through the day-to-day management of Senior Designers.
• Participate in the feature planning process to set the Product Design team up for success by helping to define design criteria, project milestones, and deliverables of the Product Design team.
• Plan and lead cross-functional UX Design workshops.
• Be accountable for team health through task load balancing and providing constructive feedback.
• Advocate for human-centered problem framing and solutioning, within and outside the Product Design team.
• Keep stakeholders informed of design progress efficiently by maximizing asynchronous communication.
• Manage design validation processes within the broader release process to continually improve the quality of our products. Proactively solicit and provide feedback from Designers and a broader Product team to continually raise our bar for quality.
• Set and monitor UX/Design goals on an individual and per-project basis.
• Mentor and inspire team members at various skill levels.
• Embody Agile team first leadership.
Qualities / Experience
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 5 years of product design and management experience with multiple direct reports.
• Record of providing design support to multi-variant testing experiments that used tools like Optimizely, Visual Web Optimizer, etc.
• Expert level knowledge of entertainment experience design.
• Record of managing complex design projects simultaneously with a wide variety of stakeholders from concept to production, to refinement.
• Expert level knowledge of Atlassian tools Jira and Confluence.
• Experience planning multiple complex quarter-over-quarter design programs simultaneously.
• Proven record of creating evidence-based design criteria that deliver against high-level key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Fluent with qualitative and quantitative user data.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqnzb-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.