Sr. Analyst FP&A, Emerging Business
New York, NY
ViacomCBS is hiring for a Director, Corporate Real Estate! ViacomCBS Inc. is a leading media company with a global real estate portfolio spanning more than 16 million square feet of owned and leased assets. The Director of Global Real Estate will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the strategic plan for ViacomCBS Inc.'s global real estate portfolio. This is a dynamic position that will require frequent communication with internal and external business partners, with a focus on delivering value back to ViacomCBS and its subsidiaries via strategic oversight and management of a global portfolio of real estate assets. Responsibilities are end-to-end and will include real estate transaction management, lease administration and frequent collaboration with other subject areas to meet critical business needs.
I. principal responsibilities
• Assist in effectively managing entire corporate real estate portfolio
• Validate space and locational requirements and drive alignment around scope, project objectives, budget, and resource requirements to ensure delivery of benefits to business units
• Compare alternative scenarios from a qualitative, financial, timing and risk perspective
• Engage in detailed, hands-on negotiation of real estate transactions through direct contact with principals and the application of a broad knowledge of real estate principles and negotiation techniques
• Prepare data analysis and analysis summaries for incorporation into high level presentations to senior executives and management
• Work with in-house and outside legal counsel, as needed, in preparingdocumentation relating to any transaction, including RFPs, Offer Letters, Letters of Intent, Lease Agreements, Purchase and Sale Agreements, Amendments, Agency Agreements, etc.
• Prepare Lease Approval Requests, including detailed Excel format transaction models of lease obligations, and coordinate approval process for transactions.
• Analyze annual operating reports, CAM, real estate tax and insurance billings against leases for allowable charges and reconcile for accuracy. Ability to supervise escalation statement analysis, desktop audits and when necessary engage third party consultants to conduct lease expense audits/review and tax grievance/business rate proceedings.
• Manage day-to-day facility and lease administration issues, such as consent for alterations, landlord services and tenant improvement allowance reimbursement process.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
• Monitor critical dates in order to insure the timely performance of all actions required for the management of the global portfolio.
• Identify and assess various strategies and opportunities that add value and/or maximize real estate asset utilization including user space sharing, disposition through subletting and asset sales
• Stay informed about market conditions, anticipate trends and make recommendations aligned with strategic plan for ViacomCBS and its subsidiaries.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance or Real Estate
• Ten (10)+ years demonstrated experience leading global real estate transactions
• Strong financial analysis skills, with understanding of accounting and tax implications of real estate transactions
• Experience with negotiating/delivering business facilities in major domestic and international markets
• Candidate exercises sound judgment, exhibits professional maturity and personal integrity and has a strong work ethic
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with IT, facilities, design and construction professionals
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required with an initial estimate of 10% travel time
• Self-starter able to manage a heavy workload while executing multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
• Critical thinker with superior analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills with a high attention to details and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate succinctly and efficiently
• Familiarity with lease administration software such as Prolease
• Experience with entertainment/media company strongly preferred!
• Significant international experience in LATAM, EMEAA, and/or Oceania region strongly preferred
• Advanced degree, MBA or MS preferred
• Strong proficiency in Professional Spanish a plus
• Experience with DEI Advocacy