Senior Manager, Product Manager
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Content Analytics team at ViacomCBS (VCBS) uses data science and business analysis to inform decision-making relating to the windowing, distribution and development of the company's content! With access to extensive data sets across linear TV channels and free and paid streaming services including Paramount+ and Pluto, the group develops insights on content performance and value to help senior executives make key content and windowing-related decisions. We are seeking a strategic-minded critical problem solver to join this team as a Director!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Develop analytical requirements to frame business problems, working with key partners across ViacomCBS business and commercial units.
• Work collaboratively with data science teams to set business analysis priorities and partner with them to develop the efficient modeling approach to address them.
• Interpret insights from data science models to inform business decisions; share findings via dashboards and presentations.
• Gather input on critical decisions that need to be informed by data from a range of partners across VCBS.
• Help guide strategy for data/analytics systems and tools from POC phase to implementation; collaborate with data scientists to assess data quality and drive improvements.
• Carry out ad hoc descriptive and initial predictive analyses of content, viewership and financial datasets to answer ad hoc questions supporting specific business decisions.
• Identify strategic sources of data internally and work through the necessary steps with business, technology and legal teams to facilitate data access; communicate process improvements that could allow better data capture; identify externally valuable data providers and help build partnerships to acquire data.
• 4+ years of working experience in a strategy consulting, corporate strategic planning, data science or analytics role
• Experience with a leading streaming media service strongly preferred
• BA/BS degree from top university/college. MBA strongly preferred
• Strong skills in crafting impactful, executive-level written and visual materials that facilitate senior-level decision-making on complex topics
• Having partnered with data scientists to frame analytical approaches in order to solve strategic problems
• Facility with audience and financial data analysis, and ideally familiarity with approaches to analyzing customer behavior, acquisition, retention and lifetime value for subscription services
• Experience building dashboards in Excel or Tableau to define and track business critical KPIs, and ideally experience with SQL. Basic Python or R knowledge will also be useful, but is not a prerequisite for the role
• Experience with applying analytics to content development, distribution and viewership in the media industry
• Comfortable communicating with senior business leaders across functions, including the ability to crisply articulate quantitative insights and refine plans and objectives collaboratively
• Ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines. Highly collaborative, solutions-oriented teammate
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.