CBS2/KCAL9 has an immediate opening for Director, Broadcast Operations & Engineering. This is a multifaceted position with many responsibilities- technical, financial, IT and HR related. The position reports to the Duopoly President/General Manager with a dotted line to the Division Vice President of Engineering.
• Primary responsibilities are to ensure the TV Stations are in compliance with applicable Federal Communications Commission/OSHA rules and regulations as they apply to Television Stations .
• Develop and adhere to annual operating budgets for technical manpower, building/facility functions, equipment repairs and leased technical sites.
• Work in concert with the TV Station Department Heads to identify new technologies and workflows for efficient and cutting-edge operations.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of the facility, IT infrastructure, studios, transmission systems.
• Manage issues that arise with Union represented employees and ensure the collective bargaining agreement is fairly applied. Participate in negotiations for contract renewals.
• Provide guidance and counsel to employees not fulfilling the requirements of their job.
• Provide facilities (sometimes on short notice) to support any and all in-house production efforts.
• Manage local engineering and IT employees.
• This position has the ultimate responsibility for the TV technical facility/transmitter and must maintain a proactive role in maintenance to prevent on-air failures of any kind 24/7/365.
• Highly motivated to learn new skills and ability to work well under pressure.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow-through very important.
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
• Five years minimum broadcast engineering management and experience in traditional TV broadcast engineering, studio design/operation, low and high-power RF systems, telecom, facilities, Information Systems and digital mass storage systems or equivalent .
• College degree in engineering or a related field mandatory
Qualified candidates please apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbs2.com/jobs
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nk3j-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.