Senior Manager, Franchise Management & Marketing
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Our social and native video teams are responsible for developing and producing compelling stories-as told through video, editorial, and social platforms. We promote programming from Paramount+ which includes movies, live sports, breaking news with a mountain of entertainment from the ViacomCBS brands such as CBS, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, and Smithsonian! Our team optimizes the best of Paramount+ content to drive audience, engagement, retention and revenue. We use data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape while recognizing opportunities for innovation that is continually evolving!
Overview & Responsibilities:
Our team at Paramount+ is seeking a Director of Brand Social to lead campaign initiatives for Paramount+ across programming verticals that include Library, Sports, News, and Specials. This person is an experienced marketing strategist who can ideate and implement ground breaking social tactics to promote a vast array of programming priorities, establish a unique voice for our brand, and produce content that resonates with fans and acquires new subscribers.
If you are a passionate, innovative, big picture problem solver who can leverage social to drive growth, then this is the role for you. This position reports to the VP, Social for Paramount+.
• Lead a growing team of managers/producers to bring the Paramount+ brand to life on social.
• Craft the social media strategy and voice for the brand across social platforms.
• Develop the social content, programming strategies, and stunts to promote the catalog of content available to stream on Paramount+ including sports, news, specials, and tentpole events.
• Expand and define the strategy for promoting library content, including movies.
• Design and lead strategic fan engagement across our brand channels.
• Coordinate development and execution of reactive or ''fast-turn'' content to jump on trends and be a part of the conversation.
• Collaborate with partners across the ViacomCBS ecosystem to sync and collaborate on a variety of social campaigns and initiatives.
• Partner with our BI team to develop and present monthly & quarterly brand handle social reports.
• Monitor and surface streaming data insights to identify new programming opportunities.
• Oversee the development and presentation of P+ social strategy docs to partners across the company.
• Maintain and evangelize platform specific content and best practices to ensure optimization.
• Creative direct design and video content with internal and external content creators.
• 8+ years of experience producing custom social content while running brand social accounts, preferably in entertainment.
• Previous experience supervising a small team of direct reports.
• Adaptable writing and content style for a range of genres.
• Experience developing and crafting visuals and video optimized for sharing.
• Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each.
• Keen eye for visual storytelling through photo and video with ability to use editing tools to self-serve on content for distribution.
• Meticulous attention to detail, including appropriate grammar and brand voice consistency.
• Ability to see the broader picture of social as it relates to the streaming landscape.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about television and pop culture.
• Great communication skills and ability to articulate concepts.
• Ability to work against tight deadlines and flexibility to pivot on strategy and execution when necessary.
• Ability to mine and use social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends.
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends if necessary.
• Candidate will be required to provide samples of prior work.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3442-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.