Business Analyst, Content & Programming
West Hollywood, CA
About The Brand
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for an Analyst, Content Strategy, to join our Content Partnerships team. This Analyst will serve a key role supporting our efforts to grow, expand, and more effectively evaluate content and handle our partnerships by synthesizing datasets to deliver critical insights for internal and external partners.
This role reports to the Manager, Content Strategy.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Data consistency: Helping track the flow of data from the very start, from the second the deal is signed, including working with the team to establish the flow of how this will happen.
• Dashboards: Collaborating with the Business Intelligence and Product Teams to create and build dashboards to track and call meaningful metrics for each partnership.
• Reporting: Customizing reports, charts, analyses, and presentations for monthly and quarterly partner reviews and for ad hoc analyses, as well as for immediate/high-priority senior management as requested.
• Content Evaluation: Supporting deal and content analysis, reviewing historical and forecasting future performance to provide strategic recommendations
• Data Centralization: Working cross-functionally with programming, marketing, PR, and distribution teams to gather additional data points that broaden the analysis and help develop a more comprehensive view of content performance.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 1 year of experience in a financial analysis role, particularly in a media & entertainment, technology, management consulting, or investment banking environment.
• Excellent analytical, quantitative, and financial modeling skills
• Strong Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Excel.
• Proficiency in SQL and data visualization with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to manage and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field.