Director, International Brand Marketing
New York, NY
About The Brand
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Category Manager with powerful retail, strategy, and relationship skills to drive the overall ViacomCBS business in Canada!
Dual reporting to both the Director of CP Licensing, and the Director of Hardlines, this creative team player will be responsible for maintaining and growing categories within our licensing business, supporting the business in the day-to-day sales and marketing initiatives, and helping to drive operational efficiencies. The Category Manager will be an integral part of the larger cross-functional team; this includes working in partnership with global / regional partners, as well as identifying and recruiting new partners to drive incremental expansion and impact!
• Manage day-to-day business and assist in development and execution of category strategies both short and long term
• Analyze POS, industry data and global key learnings and trends and apply to local business
• Provide regular business updates to upper management
• Assists in preparation of presentations to companies in assigned categories
• Negotiate contracts, recommend guarantees and royalty rates based on specific property and current market assumptions. Follow through to execution
• Monitor licensees' overall performances throughout contract term, including product sales, financial commitments, marketing efforts and distribution strategies
• Assists Directors in sales and operation needs, as well as organizing, executing, and analyzing licensee forecasts. Participate in all budget meetings to establish revenue goals and track progress quarterly
• Ownership of sub-category revenue targets, retails plans and execution
• Frequent collaboration with retail and marketing teams to align programs and goals
• Experience in the licensing industry and a strong licensing acumen
• Knowledge of retail landscape and process
• Proven negotiation skills and understanding of licensing agreements
• Strong proficiency in sales and analytics and a proven ability to analyze data and develop actionable recommendations
• Apparel and fashion industry experience is an asset
• Excellent communication and ability to effectively liaise with multiple players and offices both internally and externally
• Strong presentation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkpp3-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.