Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Data plays a central role at ViacomCBS Streaming, and as part of the Data & Insights Group (DIG), Business Intelligence Analysts are key to delivering actionable insights for our leadership teams to act upon. The BI Analyst is responsible for developing and generating reports, insights, & analysis across multiple systems. You will be expected to identify business, marketing, and product opportunities, challenges, and trends and be able to communicate your findings effectively to a variety of stakeholders. This role will be primarily focused on data analysis work related to Paramount+ and other streaming initiatives.
• Build and manage reports showing the health of key performance metrics
• Write SQL to query a data warehouse (BigQuery) for data in order to answer questions from a variety of stakeholders
• Present insights and analysis to different teams and stakeholders
• Develop and maintain statistical and spreadsheet models for forecasting, scenario planning, and other predictive work
• Work closely with product, finance, and marketing teams to represent and capture business goals and initiatives
• Develop automated dashboards and reports that allow non-data savvy users to generate insights and answer questions in a self-service fashion
• Make recommendations to the product, finance, and marketing teams on tactical adjustments to improve performance
• Support A|B testing tasks with exploratory analysis, sample size calculations, and test analysis
• Building dashboards (using Tableau and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time
• Refining reports, dashboards, and insights based on the needs of a rapidly changing business
• Live Sports and Premiere Event reporting focused on content performance and audience acquisition
• Supporting monthly and quarterly reporting initiatives
• Developing our standard reporting for product KPIs and questions
• Owning the forecasting model for the portfolio of properties
• Perform Ad Hoc analysis on specific business problems and summarize findings in an accurate, concise, easy-to-understand manner
• BA/BS. 2 years of relevant work experience in a digital and analytical field
• At least 1 year of experience with AB testing tools like Optimizely and/ or Adobe Target * Knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A|B, multi-variant, etc.)
• Strong experience in web analytics and video analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Adept with common statistical analysis and techniques
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Data Studio), Tableau, R, Python!
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
• Able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
• Strong mathematics, statistics background
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
• Experience with GitHub or BitBucket
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jnbz-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.