Sr. Analyst FP&A, Emerging Business
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
Our Technology Integration Management Office (TIMO) is actively seeking an Associate Business Analyst as part of the Standards, Governance, Systems and Tooling team. This team is responsible for translating the company's overall policies to processes that enable successful project delivery by the Tech teams. This includes, but is not limited to, understanding of industry standards; knowledge of waterfall and agile project management methodologies; adherence to governance procedures, audits, or compliance; establishing best practices based on controllership requirements; and oversight of delivery via project management toolsets.
The TIMO is currently implementing a consolidated project management system (PPM) and related toolsets that supports the ViacomCBS Technology organization. We seek an Associate Business Analyst to help drive decision-making around current business processes in order to transition to the new PPM/toolsets which will sustain a newly formed organizational structure.
This Associate Business Analyst may work with the entire team to complete solutions under supervision or coordinate delivering a component of a broader initiative. ThisBAmust be able to identify issues, help resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute tasks assigned to them.
This Role Will Encompass:
• Assist in efforts related to supporting our broader PMO groups on our current PPM toolsets as well as help facilitate demand management, strategic alignment, and stakeholder engagement
• System admin for the project management toolsets
• Help support questions related to maintenance, access, and/or user interface.
• Be a backup, as needed, for training or onboarding purposes.
• Oversight of intake/demand management processes
• Oversee the intake management workflow in collaboration with finance partners.
• Engage with all the Technology leads to understand their intake requirements.
• Enable consistent intake processes andhelp unblock any bottlenecks within the process
• Input active projects into the system once they are funded to include compiling business cases, strategic alignment to OKRs, justifications, feasible milestones, and financials
• Collaborate with the finance teams to ensure processes adhere to company financial policies.
• Provide input in formal communications or presentations with project stakeholders, business units, and governance groups
• Compile info to leadership in easy to understand formats – like PowerPoint
• Help maintain and update documentation on processes as needed
• Assist with change management processes and procedures
• Analytics and reporting for purposes of stakeholder transparency, governance procedures, or to help improve processes
• Support PMs on customizing dashboards
• Analyze areas where processes are breaking down to support decision-making and convey that to management with recommendations
• Provide any support to senior managers and business analysts as needed
• Demonstrated working partnership with stakeholders in various disciplines
• Understand technologies applicable to sectors within media and entertainment company.
• Strong passion to learn about project management principles and practices
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
• 1-2 years of relevant experience or college degree preferred
• Basic knowledge of project management software
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite – preferably including Sharepoint and Teams
• Experience in ServiceNow or JIRA is desirable
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.