Watch Magazine, a leading entertainment content magazine that publishes 6 times a year with a commanding web profile, is searching for a full-time Assistant Editor to join our team. As a member of the ViacomCBS company, Watch's ideal candidate will have a love of all things editorial and a strong knowledge of pop culture and CBS Television content. This candidate will join a top tier editorial team with the main goal of promoting our key brands like CBS, Showtime, The CW and Paramount + on the pages of Watch Magazine and our website. They will assist our Art, Edit, and Photo departments with the day-to-day duties of the magazine including:
• Work closely with the editorial team to find and pitch news stories and other content.
• Write and/or report on stories for our print and digital issues, plus web content.
• Help with edits as needed and assist our photo department with the tracking of photography and photo credits.
• Assist our Editor-in Chief and Executive Editor in an organizational capacity, helping maintain story workflow, help with photo shoots and product returns, and help with budget organization for art and photo departments.
• Fact check each issue of the magazine.
• 1-2 years of experience writing editorial content
• 1-2 years of fact checking experience
• Copy editing skills
• Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently
• Strong writing skills with attention to detail
• An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and some experience working with InDesign and Photoshop
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zn2j-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.