Senior Art Director, Brand Creative
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Art Director, New Creative Formats is a specialist in the understanding of new digital technologies and formats and how to use them to improve creative ideas. They will demonstrate their knowledge of existing production tools/vendors and ability to partner with production specialists to bring ground breaking (AR, VR, online and multimedia interaction technologies) to life in a wide-range of projects. They will also excel in traditional design and be a key player in leading and inspiring team of hardworking designers.
• Conceptualize, develop and execute many high profile marketing, branding and design projects using both traditional and new formats.
• Partner across functions, departments and vendors to bring the latest technologies and formats to improve communication
• Inspire and inform the design team and the department as a whole in the use of new creative technologies
• Work within and expand the ViacomCBS brand
• Effectively present work to clients including senior executives
• Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
• Push projects forward with minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously
• Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
• Oversee designers
• Partner with and lead all aspects of top quality digital vendors when needed
• Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets
• The position reports directly to the VP of DesignThis position works directly with the Vice President, Design to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.The internal contacts for this position are Senior Vice President through assistant.
• External contacts for this position are various vendors including: digital vendors, photographers, and illustrators
• 8-12 years design experience at a top studio or in-house department are necessary
• BFA in Design or Communication Arts
• Expertise in digital design trends
• Working knowledge of digital production techniques and a variety of online and multimedia tools and areas of design
• The demonstrated ability to apply these trends and techniques to the production of top-quality designs and effective communication
• Top level design skills and ability to work in traditional formats when needed
• Leadership and management ability
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in presenting work to mid-level to senior execs
• Ability to produce under pressure
• Good organizational skills
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.