New York, NY
The Art Director is required to develop a wide range of creative solutions to promote our original series. This person is responsible for the conceptualization and design of key art images for varying projects including drama series, come-dies, sports, special events and documentary films. Must be able to think strategically, work quickly, generate a multitude of ideas and have a sophisticated aesthetic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualize and Illustrate key art comps: The majority of this person's time will be spent creating key art comps for as many as 4 or 5 series at a time. This includes researching images, brainstorming with the creative teams and developing high-end Photoshop illustrations to be presented to upper management, producers and talent for approval. Work should reflect the ability and willingness to take chances, while at the same time communicating effectively and meeting strategic objectives.
• Assist Creative Directors: This person will work closely with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters and Program Marketing to develop creative key art solutions that reflect a ''premium'' sensibility and are strategically sound. The Art Director is required to assist and take direction from the Creative Directors. This involves photo research / preparing comps and style boards for presentations / developing shot lists for photo shoots / assisting on set / handling pre and post produc-tion comps and layouts.
• Oversee outside vendors: such as stock photo agencies, comp/sketch artists, retouchers and photographers. Must be detail oriented and be able to give clear direction and feedback for on set photo shoots and also post production
• Keep current with design trends and emerging computer applications.
• Other duties may include conceptualization and design of consumer and trade ads, out-of-home tactics, environmental graphics, marketing campaigns, press kits, logos, and collateral materials.
Resourceful: This person must be a strong conceptual thinker and know how to find or create the elements (photos, tex-tures, graphics, imagery) needed to illustrate their ideas.
Computer skills: OUTSTANDING PHOTOSHOP SKILLS A MUST. Also proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Flash and basic HTML knowledge a plus.
Good interpersonal skills: Must interact well with a variety of personalities. Work well under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
Excellent communication skills: must be able to express ideas effectively and clearly both verbally and visually.
8 years in graphic design including Network/Entertainment experience.
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.