3D Character Designer
New York, NY
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is seeking a full-time 2-D Character Animator/Graphic Artist. This person will be responsible for all aspects of animation production - from character and background design to rigging and final animation - for both day-of and long-lead projects, to air on The Late Show on CBS and online. Primary software being Adobe Photoshop, Character Animator, and After Effects.
Ideal candidates should possess some proficiency in the following disciplines:
• Character Design in Adobe Photoshop
• Background Design in Adobe Photoshop
• Drawn Animation in Adobe Photoshop
• Character Animation in Adobe Character Animator
• Compositing in Adobe After Effects
• Graphic Design in Adobe Photoshop
Proficiency in Rigging in Adobe Character Animator will also be crucial to the position, but can be developed on-the-job.
Experience working in a fast-paced broadcast environment a plus.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Adding to and animating with existing Character Animator puppets for Cold Opens, Lower Thirds, and unique Segment Opens
• Designing, rigging, and animating new characters and backgrounds for Cold Opens, Lower Thirds, and unique Segment Opens
• Working with The Late Show Graphics team and other departments on any animated needs for long-term projects
• Production of daily show graphics, (static and motion graphics) outside of cartoon-based illustration work
Ideal candidates will be self-starters who can maintain a respectful and efficient work ethic while working under quick-turnaround deadlines. Animation production for The Late Show will continue to be remote until further notice. Nonetheless, location within the New York area is a plus - but not mandatory.