Showtime Networks seeks an exceptional Android Engineer. Ideal candidate will be innovative, self‐motivated, a quick study, and eager to develop new skills. In this position, you will take a key role in developing our award‐winning SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime applications across multiple Android‐based platforms, including phone, tablet, Android TV, Fire Tablet and Amazon Fire TV.
This position is for an Android developer ideally with full stack application experience. The SHOWTIME and Showtime Anytime Android applications are installed on millions of devices, and provide our award-winning content to millions of users. At Showtime, we're building the future of television, pushing onto new platforms... And along the way, we get to play with some great tech.
Kotlin, Java, Android SDK
• Be involved in all stages of Android development from architecture to coding to final testing
• Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality applications
• Collaborate with the product team to plan, design and execute new features
• Expert at Kotlin, Java and Android development
• Independent, energetic, and capable
• Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
• Experience writing and debugging multi‐threaded code
• Full stack‐developer that can work on both the front‐end and back‐end of an application
• Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ym56-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.