The Video Producer/Editor, Events & Sponsored is responsible for splitting their time between assisting the Director of Production in producing video content for Live Media & ideating and executing Sponsored series that align with the Executive Producer of Editorial Video's vision. This role will support the bridge between Events & Live Media and the Editorial Video & Newsroom teams, across Variety's 70+ annual events as well as being a core component of expanding Editorial Video series and sponsorships.
Responsibilities for the Video Producer/Editor, Events & Sponsored will include:
• Manage budgets for individual Event & Live media productions
• Provide detailed estimates on Event video production costs to the Director of Production, Executive Producer of Editorial as well as Live Media staff as needed
• Plan out production for assigned events, work with external vendors
• Ensure deliverables (social clips, sizzles, panels) for Live Media are finished on time and of quality
• Operate within budgets assigned by Variety Content Studio for video series with outside sponsorship
• Ideate, concept and execute assigned Editorial or Sponsored Editorial pilots & series that are targeted for YouTube, TikTok and the web
• Strong understanding on YouTube trends and style and a deep love and knowledge for the entertainment industry
• Willing to travel across the United States and abroad to execute event & editorial video production
• Hire and manage contractors for Live Media or Sponsored projects
• Collaborate on graphics needs for Events, Editorial and Sponsored Editorial
• A technical understanding of camera equipment and digital video tools
• In conjunction with the EP - assist in the tracking of budgets on project by project and throughout the fiscal year
• Monitor the progress of projects and communicating with the EP of Edit and other relevant persons about any obstacles or challenges that may arise
• Assess and give feedback regarding the quality of work produced by contractors and staff, in conjunction with the EP, Edit
• A commitment to fostering a fair and inclusive professional environment and making Variety a great place to work every day
• 3-5 years' experience as a video producer/editor covering entertainment.
Typical wage range: $80k - $95k. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
Variety is the seminal voice in the entertainment industry. After 117 years of award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights, and intelligent analysis of the industry's most prominent players, Variety is the most trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, aspirants and passionate entertainment enthusiasts, Variety's multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print, podcasts, branded content, events, and summits.
In May 2019, Variety's ''Actors on Actors'' on PBS took home a Daytime Creative Arts Emmy award and has been awarded the Emmy for best entertainment programming at the 67th and 68th Emmy Awards. ''Actors on Actors,'' an interview special that features pairings of prominent actors discussing their craft, was produced by PBS SoCal in partnership with Variety Media, LLC. Follow Variety on Facebook facebook.com/variety; Twitter, @variety; Instagram, @Variety The Variety Group – Variety, Variety.com, Variety Insight, Indiewire,– is owned by Variety Media, LLC, a division of Penske Media Corporation.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience of over 300 million globally. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, TVLine, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. PMC is committed to fostering a working environment that is inclusive and responsible, where we value a company culture built on all backgrounds, voices, and experiences. For more information on the company, please visit www.PMC.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzboo-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.