New York, NY
The USA + Universal Kids creative team is currently searching for a full-time junior-to-mid level Designer to join our team. As a cross media platform designer at USA + Universal Kids, you will report to the team's design lead. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other members within the team, such as creative directors, writer/ producers, editors, project managers, etc. Your job is to create motion graphics that support both USA and Universal Kids show centric content across on-air, social, digital and print. Although this role is primarily for motion graphics, the scope of work extends beyond motion. It's an opportunity to work on wholistic design systems, branding, and strategy across different platforms for both top entertainment brands.
You are an expert in using Adobe After Effects to produce dynamic motion graphics and engaging video promotions in broadcast TV or entertainment environment. Second nature for you to leverage After Effects to work with live action footage, 2D graphic and 3D assets for use in a video pipeline. On the creative side, you will also need to be an expert in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign for conceptual design exploration. You are a talented visual storyteller, someone who feels at home to collaborate, self-driven to elevate quality, creativity and outside the box storytelling, in order to deliver impactful visual content to promote both USA and Universal Kids brand. We are not just looking for a technical animator, the ideal candidate is expected to contribute to the ideation process and offer a great artistic design point of view to the team.
-Minimum of 2 years working experience at television network or creative agency.
-Strong understanding of graphic design principles.
-Links to online portfolios/reels should be included on resumes submitted in order to be considered for this position.
• Proven example of design and strong typography skills are required
• Ability to carry out an existing design aesthetic as well as ideate new brand identities
• Great oral and written communication skills are required
• An overall understanding of the television, social media and advertising industry is preferred
• Proven creative skills in utilizing Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Knowledge in Cinema 4D and Premiere software is a plus
• Hands on experience in print design a plus
• Knowledge and appreciation of latest technical trends with respect to film, pop culture, music, video, graphic design and post systems.
• Expertise and versatility across all delivery platforms
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a time sensitive, high-pressure environment is essential
• Detail oriented and very organized with files and assets
• Must be a team player, we are a group of passionate creative people who collaborate on a daily basis
• Willing to learn and experience new way of working/thinking and adjust with change as needed
• Love for design and typography