- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
A little bit about our team:
• UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists, and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain, and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music, and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Studio team collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.
• UPROXX is seeking a Creative to ideate on branded projects while working in partnership with production, strategy, and design. We are looking for fresh thinkers, out-of-the-box visionaries who will challenge the boundaries of our creative ideas- pushing excellence out of themselves and elevating branded content out of the norm.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Creative at UPROXX, you will report directly to our Creative Director and work with our award-winning creative and strategy teams in responding to RFP requests from brand partners. You will be responsible for developing ideas and sourcing stories and talent to answer the brand needs in partnership with the creative team through ideation, pre-interviews, and copywriting.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be briefed on RFPs from Sales/Strategy teams. The Creative Director will assign RFPs to different creative team members based on overall workload as well as areas of expertise. You'll be responsible to ask questions, push boundaries, challenge norms, and deliver amazing creative ideas that fulfill the brand's needs while honoring the tone and lens of UPROXX.
• You will research, source, and pitch your ideas and the talent associated with them to internal (creative, sales, strategy) and external (agency, client) stakeholders.
• You will receive feedback and re-direction from internal and external sources. We'll look for you to absorb that feedback and work potential changes into the ideas presented.
• You will work in partnership with the rest of the creative, strategy, social, production, and editorial teams to devise cohesive 360 programs over the entire UPROXX platform.
• You will be responsible for the creation of copy for decks and pre-production treatments/scripts when programs sell-through.
• You will be a part of the talent identification process for programs both during the pitch and upon sell-through.
• You will brief production teams on your creative ideas when they sell through so that they can execute the idea properly and meet both internal and external expectations.
• You'll follow your project through production to ensure the creative integrity remains intact and that brand needs are being strategically and creatively satisfied.
• You will constantly push for award-winning and innovative approaches to brand problems.
• You'll weave UPROXX's specific perspective on storytelling throughout creative so that the brand needs are satisfied in a way that is consistent with the fluid UPROXX perspective on culture.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have a Bachelor's Degree or relevant credentials and at least 4-5 years of experience working in a creative capacity, as a writer, art director, or other.
• You have a background/education in media & digital advertising
• You have a passion for Content Marketing, Writing, and Video Content Creation
• You have a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
• You have an interest in digital content and entertainment a must
• You have skills in writing and original concept development
• You have an interest and passion for deep diving into culture and storytelling
• You have natural skills as a multi-tasker
• You have the skills to communicate clearly, efficiently, and amicably.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Journalism, music, or strategy background a plus
• Photoshop, Keynote, and Powerpoint experience are a plus
• Production, filmmaking, or editing experience a major plus
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.