• Audit all film productions across all banners in the company-Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Working Title, 1440 Home Entertainment, and Illumination.
• Interact with Studio, Accounting, and Production personnel throughout the three stages (e.g., Planning, Fieldwork, & Reporting) of the audit process.
• Travel to production offices (both domestic and internationally) and perform assessments of the Accounting and Production's financial and internal controls to ensure compliance with Studio policies.
• Analyze a Production's Budget, weekly Cost Reports and Trial Balances, and general ledger activity since inception.
• Perform detailed testing of accounting documents pertaining to Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Petty Cash and Purchasing Card, and Payroll transactions.
• Ensure a Production's bank account(s) is monitored and verify all funding and disbursement transactions were correctly recorded.
• Verify tax reporting and tax incentive requirements were met.
• Review Production documents to ensure Guild compliance and reporting requirements for all applicable labor unions were met.
• Interview Production Department Heads (e.g., Unit Production Manager, Costume Designer, Set Decorator) to gain an understanding of their processes and perform inventory checks of the purchased assets.
• Verify Transportation Drivers are compliant with federal laws in respect to qualification, turnaround, and reporting requirements.
• Ensure injuries to cast and crew members, as well as vehicle accidents, are documented and reported to the Environmental, Health, & Safety and Risk Management departments in a timely manner.
• Read scripts to identify elements that would require additional compliance and regulation such as smoking, product placement, aerial scenes, and minors.
• Present audit findings to key Accounting and Production crew members, as well as to senior Studio Executives associated with the Production.
• Perform follow-up procedures by obtaining supporting documentation to validate that the audit findings identified were addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
• Prepare an Audit Report that includes all exceptions, the completed remediation procedures, and an overall audit conclusion.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a focus in Audit.
• At least two years of related work experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to travel, including internationally, up to approximately 45% (every year).
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• CPA or CIA (preferred but not required).
• Experience at a Big 4 or second tier accounting firm, or internal audit experience with an entertainment company.
• Film production knowledge is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to easily communicate with both on-site Production personnel and senior Studio Executives.
• Advanced Excel data analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills.
• Team player with the ability to work and travel alone.
• Self-starter with initiative.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94k1k-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.