Universal Music Manufacturing & Logistics is seeking an experienced transportation supervisor to support the US physical supply chain with inbound and outbound transportation.
This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day logistics operations with the timely scheduling and coordinating of freight in accordance with product completion dates and customer delivery demands. In addition, the role will help to identify trends and problems, performing root cause analysis, and presenting recommendations to transportation leadership to support key initiatives and drive out cost in our daily operation.
How you'll CREATE:
• Responsible for submitting bid requests, carrier selection, scheduling, and tracking outbound/inbound loads to ensure on-time delivery
• Support Transportation Team with shipment exception management
• Create shipment paperwork, customs documents, and schedule appointments
• Oversee import/export process, including accuracy of customs paperwork
• Maintain open communication with UMG Supply Chain Team, carriers, distribution providers, manufacturers, and suppliers
• Coordinate with Shipping Teams to execute load plan strategies for high-profile releases
• Provide proactive shipment status updates to UMG Supply Chain Team and consignee
• Ensure accurate manual entry and record updates to the Transportation Order Management System and SAP
• Conduct periodic third-party/carrier freight bill audits and report variances in collaboration with Finance and Accounting
• Collect and analyze transportation data and report performance and cost
• Monitor, evaluate, and modify transportation strategies to improve delivery performance and reduce total delivered cost across all modes of transportation, including SPS, LTL, TL, Export/Import, and Heavy Air
• Communicates and coordinates with carriers to obtain quotes and drive consolidation, when necessary
Bring your VIBE:
• Solid knowledge of transportation modes, cost, and geography
• Proficient in transportation management systems (TMS) or an order management system
• Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs
• Understanding of supply chain concepts
• Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and customers
• High Level of attention to detail
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data
• Encourages teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve team performance
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
• Experience in consumer products, retail operations, or e-commerce is preferred
• 3 years' experience and proven, positive track record as a Transportation Supervisor or in a comparable role
• Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation. Related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxx0m1-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.